Refinement of mass transports and high tax regulation to solve the congestion and environment damage

ekalamarsyari11 72 / 108 9  
Writing practice for Cambridge 8 - Test 3

Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problem.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Traffic and pollution problems are become worse in the 10 recent years. Some government perceive that the best solution to overcome such issues is increasing the price of the gasoline which is one of the primary fuels. I personally cannot agree with this initiative solution because other ways such refinement of mass transports and high tax regulation can be more effective to solve the congestion and environmental damage of the motor vehicle uses.

The better quality and quantity of public transport such as train and bus should reduce the number of private car in the big cities. Most reason of citizen using car is that traveling by car is more comfortable, so government in this case have to provide such an excellent standard of those transport modes. Since 2005, Japan became one of the successful countries that reduce the high level of traffic problem and pollution by serving their people with high quality public services in trains, planes, even in buses. Despite this, expensive taxes that have to be paid by the car owners has significantly affected on lower tendency to use private car.

Another solution to address growing number of car and its damage impact is regulating high taxes. This should make workers with middle level of salary considering their choice to buy a private car more carefully. Tokyo is the best model of this regulation, which asks their people to pay the tax of a car as expensive as to rent an apartment for a year. Consequently, its citizens prefer to use train that costs cheaper than driving a private car. Having said that, the increasing petrol prices may be considered as the third solution not only to reduce congestion and emissions of carbon dioxide but also to preserve the source of fossil fuels around the world.

In conclusion, the best solution of traffic congestion and air pollution is not the high price of petrol, but it should be the providing qualified public transports and regulating high taxes of having motor vehicles. I suggest that the government of developing countries can apply this solution to improve their transport system and reduce amount of damaging gasses released.
Afdhel 14 / 21 1  
Hi ekalamarsyari11, I want to give some suggestions

Some governments perceive that the best ...

... should reduce the number of the private car in ...

serving their people with high-quality public

Most reason of citizen using the car is that traveling ...

on the lower tendency to use ...

Good Luck

Home / Writing Feedback / Refinement of mass transports and high tax regulation to solve the congestion and environment damage