Reflective essay about global warming - legislators should listen to constituents .

thania93 2 / 1  
ESSAY DIRECTIONS:

PARAGRAPH 1: INTRODUCTION- BRIEFLY INTRODUCE THE PROBLEM OR CONCERN THAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN. WHY IS IT A PROBLEM FOR YOUR COMMUNITY?

PARAGRAPH 2: DISCUSS IN DETAIL THE PROBLEM OR CONCERN THAT YOU HAVE WITHIN YOUR COMMUNITY. WHAT SOLUTION DID YOU SUGGEST TO THE POLITICIAN WHOM YOU WROTE?

PARAGRAPH 3: WHAT DO YOU HOPE WILL BECOME OF YOUR LETTER AND SUGGESTIONS? SPECULATE AS TO THE EFFECTS OF YOUR LETTER ON THE PROBLEM THAT YOU ADDRESSED. TO WHOM DID YOU ADDRESS THE LETTER TO AND WHY DO YOU THINK THEY WILL HELP YOU?

PARAGRAPH 4: CONCLUSION- WHAT DID THE EXPERIENCE TEACH YOU ABOUT THE POLITICAL PROCESS? WHY SHOULD LEGISLATORS LISTEN TO THEIR CONSTITUENTS?

I NEED CONFIDENCE, I FEEL LIKE I DIDN'T ADDRESS THE ESSAY DIRECTIONS, SHOULD I INCLUDE A TITLE? DOES THE PROBLEM IS RELEVANT TO OUR COMMUNITY?

Global Warming has been a number one problem around the world. This problem is forcing our animals to change their ways of living. As the time is passing, more and more animals are suffering form the effects of Global Warming. We are concerned that future generations will not know the animal that make our planet look beautiful.

One result of Global Warming is Antarctica's animal population is moving, decreasing, and ending their hibernation's early. For example, our polar bears today are thinner and less healthy than those of 20 years ago. The reason for the polar bears being thinner is due to the migration of fish. Many fish species have migrated northward to find colder water. With the fish migration, polar bears are starved causing them to be thinner. Animals are changing their breeding times by five days in the past ten years due to temperature change. One of the solutions to help fight Global Warming is to pass laws to reverse Global Warming effects. Also, people should be forced to recycle lot of things instead of using new ones .Then, we should plant more trees and be more energy efficient.

I hope that my suggestions are implemented across the nation and that gradually diminishes Global Warming effects because little changes can make a big difference in our world. I decided to write this letter to the president Barack Obama because I think that he has promised a lot about Global Warming plan and has done nothing of what he has promised. Also, President Barack Obama needs to hear that we are still interested in what he said someday about his plan to deal with the issue of climate change. Unfortunaly, I have not received any response from the president Barack Obama.

In fact, legislators should listen to constituents because they need to know whether or not they are doing well their job and if they are responding to the needs of the people. Part of a legislator's job is to make constituents happy so they are allowed to keep their job. I learned that constituents are the most effective lobbyists for legislators. They want us to be more involve in politics and to express our opinion by going to vote.
As the time passe s, more and more animals are suffering from the effects of Global Warming. We are concerned that future generations will not know the animals that make our planet look beautiful. (Right here, add a thesis statement that expresses the main idea of your essay)

One result of Global Warming is that Antarctica's animal population is moving, decreasing, and ending their hibernation's hibernations early.

... and has done nothing of what he has promised. --If you say this, you have to name a promise that he has made but not kept. Also, did you watch the state of the union address? I think he mentioned some relevant goals.

Also, President Barack Obama needs to hear that we are still interested in what he said someday about his plan to deal with the issue of climate change. Unfortunately , I have not received any response ---well, in the president's defense, the world has been falling apart lately. He is very busy! :-)

The way you ended the essay has a very intelligent discussion, but I think you need to add another paragraph. That last paragraph is not a good conclusion. Add a conclusion paragraph that repeats the main idea from the thesis statement.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Reflective essay about global warming - legislators should listen to constituents .