Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Regarding the solution to environmental issues (people vs government)

Duc Pham 1 / -  
Topic: Some people think that environmental problems are too big for individuals to deal with. Others, however, think that each individual should take some actions. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

It is true that the role of each person in the solutions to environmental issues is a constant debate. While it can be argued that everyone should deal with these problems by themselves, I believe that it is impossible for each individual to solve those alone. There are some thought-provoking arguments raised by those points of view.

To begin with, there are several actions why the complication of environment in the contemporary world can be tackled by a single human being. In terms of reducing the amount of litters and non-biodegradable waste, people should choose reusable products instead of disposables such as reusing carrier bags or cardboard or avoiding using plastic boxes. Concerning transports, each commuter can use public transportations such as buses, subways or trains to go to work or to travel to another place. By doing this, the emission of carbon dioxide, the main cause of global warming, will be dropped considerably. Additionally, everyone may consume energy more efficiently by using energy-saving appliances or turning off the light prior to leaving the room.

Despite the above arguments, I personally believe that individuals cannot solve these environmental difficulties without the aid of other forces, especially governments. This means that there should be cooperation between governments and each single person to relieve the current issues. To take an example, besides encouraging citizens to use reusable products, the government should introduce the subsidy policy so that these products can be more accessible to wider public. Another support worth considering is that governments may allocate funding to research and development into renewable energy as a possible alternative to fossil fuels. This might lead to the alleviation of the deterioration of environment nowadays. In addition, governments should be held accountable for calling for the international efforts in environmental protection because environmental concerns are universal. For instance, throughout regular meetings with oversea sides, the government can have more alternative and handy directions so as to relieve the hot environmental topics such as oil spill, deforestation or global warming.

In conclusion, as mentioned above, the role of each individual in dealing with environmental obstacles is too broad a topic to discuss within such a short span of time. Nevertheless, in light of the foregoing arguments, I am of the opinion that some actions from each person cannot solve these problems thoroughly without the aid of the other sides.

Thanks in advance ^^

Home / Writing Feedback / Regarding the solution to environmental issues (people vs government)