IELTS WRITING TASK 1 - registrations of trucks, taxis, and buses in the US between 1970 and 2010

jiminswife 1 / -  

Proportion of vehicle registration in the USA

The graph below shows changes in the share of vehicle registrations of the three most common types of commercial vehicles in the US between 1970 and 2010.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The graph is here: drive.google.com/file/d/11BG_FD37OOwXuzN0vOpMpOAJF9_2DFU1/view?usp=drivesdk

This is my answer:
The graph gives information about changes in the share of vehicle registrations of the three most common type of commercial vehicles in the US, which are truck, taxi, and bus, between 1970 and 2010. In 1970, truck was the most popular with nearly 50% of registration, while bus had the lowest prevalence of vehicle registration, approximately 5%. Taxi at that time had an average proportion of registration, at about 25%. By the year 1980, taxi and bus enjoyed a steady upward trend of 35% for the former and 15% for the latter. Nevertheless, the proportion of truck registration experienced a sharp decrease to 30% and maintained that percentage until 1990 then grew back again after that. The year 1990 also witnessed a dramatic fall of taxi's proportion of registration when it fell to 15%. The registration of bus reduced constantly as well with 10%. Move on to the year 2000, the percentages of taxi and bus registration continued to fall down slightly to 15% and 5%. However, taxi's registration jumped sharply and reached 35% in 2010, when the prevalence of bus registration still went down and had lower than 5%. The proportion of truck registration still got the first place when it increased to 45% by the year 2010.
We do not access images that are not located on our seiner due to software and security concerns. As a warning, the forum cannot be held liable for any damage possibly incurred by a user who accesses an exterior site. The essay will be reviewed based on general considerations.

Remember that this report is being written for a specific audience. Therefore, concrete image references are required. A graph can mean and describe any measurement image. The reader will be looking for specific image identities since the measurement comparisons are reliant on the type of measurement image used. It must be a report compliant image based on the target audience.

The report may not be presented as a single paragraph. The required format a task I essay is a 3 format paragraph analysis. Each aspect of the graph must be presented in a proper comparative paragraph to meet the analyze and compare where relevant reporting requirement of the instructions provided.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 1 - registrations of trucks, taxis, and buses in the US between 1970 and 2010