The relevant features summarisation of the information about UK phone calls.

Hung 3 / 2  
I begin practising IELTS writing task 1. Give me some feedback, please.

"The chart below shows the total number of minutes (in billions) of telephone calls in the UK, devided three categories, from 1995-2002.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant."

The graph compares the usage of three kinds of telephone call in billion of minutes in the UK between 1999 and 2002. In general, the local phone calls were the most popular over whole period in spite of a dramatic increase of both national and international phone calls and mobiles.

As the graph shows, the number of minutes of local phone calls was just over 70 billion minutes in 1995. This figure rose and peaked at approximately 90 billion minutes in 1999, then subsequently fell to its 1995 level at the end of the period.

Regarding the national and international phone calls, there was a steady increase in the usage from just under 40 billion minutes in 1995 to just over 60 billion minutes in 2002. Also in this upward trend, mobiles usage rose gradually from about 3 billion minutes to 13 billion minutes between 1995 and 1999, then it increased rapidly and stood at 45 billion minutes in 2002.

(162 words)

faarasyad 7 / 15 7  
Hi Hung,
let me check your essay

The graph compares the usage of three kinds of telephone call in billion of minutes in the UK between 19991995 and 2002.
The graph compares = it means that your essay is going to compare the point, but where is it ? therefore, I assume that you have to use other words such as "illustrate, show, reveal and etc!"

I hope this suggestion helps you
good luck:)
OP Hung 3 / 2  
Thank you for your feedback. Now I know more about the meaning when using "compare".

Home / Writing Feedback / The relevant features summarisation of the information about UK phone calls.