More reliance on technology reduces human thinking ability

SourabhSN 1 / -  
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take.In developing and supporting the position,consider the ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Q. As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems,the ability of humans to think for themselves deteriorates
A.
The statement above cannot be accepted entirely as on close inspection of use of technology in our day to day
lives,the scenario will be observed to be quiet different.The main purposed behind technological advancements is to make
the human life more and more comfortable.However,the insatiable need for comfort demands that these technologies be
updated from time to time;it is here that the brain will be asked to exercise.
We utilise technology for many different purposes.Lets consider our daily commute with automobile.And yes the
quality of cars has ofcourse improves from the day of its inception.If the title above were to be true,than yes,we would
be still riding horse-driven carriages.Sure they made life of people existing then easier,they relied on it,But we wanted
something more faster and reliable and this set in the gears of mind into motion towards creating the automobile and
today we have them with all types of modern facilities and still in development.
Now that you have reached work,it will be time to put on the mean machine.Had it not been the human thinking that
led to shrinking in size of the ones they used back with vacuum tubes,slow processing and large equipments,i wonder how
fast our work would be done now,and not to mention the amount of space required.The scientists then did rely for their
calculations on the computers,yet in coming years we made them smaller,faster and more powerful.
Another example is of the mobile phones today,inspired right from the telegram.The time they were widely used
along with the other means of communication then,but that did not imply that the human being would keep on using them for
rest of their generations to come.And so the thought of long distance and wireless modes of communications and the work
made in that direction is what places the small and efficient mobile phone in our hands today.
Again there are the home appliances that the human thinking wanted smaller and more aesthetic as compared to the
predecessors,the washing machine with integrated dryer,smaller ovens,handheld blenders.All these are technological
developments and many more that are inspired from the early designs.They posed some problems,some deficiencies and fored
the humans to think,'How can I make this better?' and then there was new and better ones,born from the thinking forced by
the previous technology.
And so we can rightly say that technological development only further encourages the human thinking ability and
not stifle it.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
lives,the scenario will be observed to be quiet different.

You assume that your reader knows the statement. If this is an essay task, the generally accepted norm is to introduce the statement or the topic to the reader first. Then you express your position on the issue.

We utilise technology for many different purposes.

Technology is used in every aspect of life.

Lets consider our daily commute with automobile.

Let us consider how we commute to places on daily basis.

And yes the
quality of cars has ofcourse improves from the day of its inception

This sounds more like speech writing. Is this for a speech?

Home / Writing Feedback / More reliance on technology reduces human thinking ability