IELTS task 2 - Renewable energy is difficult to replace the fossil fuels

M3L1 26 / 6 11  
Alternative energy sources that use the natural power of the wind, waves and sun are too expensive and complicated to replace the coal, oil and gas that we use to power our cities and transport.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

In the massive development era today, the world has already attained a new method to replace fossil fuels to renewable energy that is provided by nature like sun, wind and waves. Some argue that the natural power station cost too much money to construct and too complex which mean the non-renewable energy is difficult to be replaced to energize the cities and transport. It is true that to actualized the power plant would be very expensive and confusing, nevertheless there are possibilities to make it happen.

Recently the world is facing the energy crisis, the fossil fuels will be exhausted in about 50 years ahead if people do not replace it to something else. Some researchers and scientists had found the alternatives energy sources for this issue. With a well-developed technology exists several countries have already constructed and established the natural power station such as solar panels, wind turbines and wave energy machines. They believe that the natural resource are renewable and continually generate energy for human needs. However, the major problem are not all part of the country can use the natural power, some of them are still burn coals. It is because to distribute all of the electricity to all buildings will need a very long cable to be laid underground which cost a huge amount of money.

On the other hand, governments can start to supply solar panels to be installed on the street lamps and public train hoods. This first step is able to save energy at least in the city lighting and one of the public transport. Governments can also persuade their citizens to use solar panels on their roof, therefore the use of gas can be reduced. As well as on the countryside, wind turbines and wave energy machines can be installed. If all people would like to cooperate with their government to develop their country, the cost to establish the power plants will be paid off together.

To sum up, people find difficulties to actualized the natural power station on their country to supplant the fossil fuels, the main reason is the huge expenses. I believe with a small start and fundraising from the citizens, the stations can be developed.
dynaranjani 27 / 24 18  
Hello Meli !

You have such a good ability in writing. I enjoy it really well, the flow is easy to understand and the ideas are incredibly brilliant.

Unfortunately, I marked some small mistakes concerning grammar.

Recently the world is facing has faced the energy crisis...

With a well-developed technology exists existing several countries have...

Good luck !

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS task 2 - Renewable energy is difficult to replace the fossil fuels