Report about a cooking course (practising for CAE exam)

annanefedovaspb 1 / 1  
The task
You have just completed a cooking course. As part of the school's research and efforts to offer superior
classes, they have asked you to write an evaluation of your experience as a student.
Your report should discuss what you learned from the class and what you thought of the teachers and their instruction methods. Mention any ways you think the class could be improved and say whether you would or would not recommend the course to a friend or relative.

Write your report.

Introduction
The aims of this report are to:
1. give an overview of the cooking course in school 618
2. comment on whether the program and teachers are well-qualified
3. recommend some refinements
The quality of an educational programme
This three-month course contains a structured programme and comfortable schedule that allows a student to gain not only a theoretical knowledge but also many manual skills. Every lesson consists of two parts. At first one students observe a cookery masterclass, whilst during the second part they have the opportunity to cook themselves at the local canteen.

Secondly, what seems vitally important is that the content of a program provides students with breadth of knowledge, ranging from gastronomy to cooking traditional dishes.

Methods of teaching
During the course I have been taught by five different teachers, who combine working at this course as tutors with their main job of chefs at the restaurants. Having been led by professionals, I must admit a student gets a great chance to acquire invaluable knowledge. All of the teachers have a wealth of teaching experience and demonstrate it by using a variety of educational methods such as game-based learning, kinesthetic classrooms etc.

Recommendations
By and large I would strongly recommend this cooking course to my friends. However, finishing such program wouldn't be substantial to those who desire working as chefs. With the intention of appealing more attendees, this course should be divided into two different courses. The first one ,which lasts three months, will aim at amateurs, whereas the second course should last at least a year and will aim at future chefs.
The format for your presentation is incorrect. You must present an essay report. Not a bulleted discussion per topic. The guide questions were only to help you know what to write in the essay. What you did was, you used it to create the titles for each reporting aspect. That is totally incorrect. You have to write 220-260 words in essay form. The essay needs to reflect a connected thought process that prioritizes the clear explanation of your class experience based on the writing guide provided. Your presentation is merely a series of ideas that you can use to properly develop the relevant paragraphs. These are only place holders. It is not a real essay as required by the task.
OP annanefedovaspb 1 / 1  
@Holt, thank you very much for your feedback. I get the impression that I have misunderstood all the students' books (for CAE preparation) I've read as all of them say to give titles for each reporting aspect.

Home / Writing Feedback / Report about a cooking course (practising for CAE exam)