My IELTS Task 1 Reports (UK citizens travel abroad and the countries visited)

ahmedsamir 1 / -  
The Tables illustrates the reasons why UK citizens travel abroad and the countries thy visited between 1994 and 1998.
It is clear that the number of UK travelers increased significantly over the shown period and European countries was the most favored destination.
In 1994, Holidays was the most Common Purpose for traveling with 15246 visits which was almost four times as many as Business trips and six times as many as visits to relatives and friends. Traveling for holiday went up dramatically to about 20105 visits in 1998. The figures for Business and visiting relatives also increased to 563, 4668 respectively.

Meanwhile, West Europe was by far the most preferred destination for UK residents with 1973 visits in 1994 while the figure for USA stood at 919. The number of people traveling to west Europe also increased steadily and by 1998 it had reached 19864 compared to only 6594 travels to United States and 1986 visitors to other distinction at the same year.

The Bar chart depicts the number of people in prison in UK, Australia, Canada, US, and New Zealand over 50 year period starting 1930.
It is clear that the number of imprisonment fluctuated in each country over the shown period apart from UK. United sated have the highest number of prisoners over all while the number of people in prison in UK was the lowest for the majority of the period.

USA had the Largest prison population in 4 out of 6 years shown on the chart while the lowest figure was recorded in 1970 the number of prisoner in USA peaked at nearly 193 in 1980. Canada had the highest numbers for prisoners in 1930 and in 1950 at nearly 130 thousand.

Over the 50 year period, the number of imprisonment in New Zealand fluctuated between 40and 100 thousand. Similar pattern was seen in Australia with slightly lower figures. In contrast to the figures to other countries the number of prisoner in Great Britain rose gradual it by 1980 it had reached a peak of 160000.

The vertical bar graph shows the figure for Japanese tourist traveling outside japan and the line chart illustrates the percentage of Japanese tourists who visited to Australia between 1919 and 1986.

It is clear there was clear upward trend in the numbers of the Japanese tourist traveling abroad. Similarly the Australia's share in the Japanese tourist market grew gradually over the period shown.

In 1985, around 4.5 million Japanese tourists traveled abroad. Apart from the slight drop in 1991, the numbers of Japanese travelers rose gradually and by 1995 it had reached a level of 14.2 million tourists. A rise of 10 million.

Meanwhile, Only 2% was the Australia's share of Japanese tourist market in 1985. There was sharp increase in this percentage followed by slight drop in 1990. After that, Australia's share in Japan's tourist market continued to rise but less sharply and in 1994 it peaked at just over 6% before declining mildly at the end of the period.
Tables illustrates

... Table illustrates / Tables illustrate

The Tables illustrates the reasons why UK citizens travel abroad and the countries they visited between 1994 and 1998.

It is clear that the number of UK travelers increased significantly over the shownthis period and European countries waswere the most favored destinations.

country was/ countries were

In 1994, HolidaysLeisure was the most Common Purposecommon purpose for travelingwiththat counts to 15246 visits which wasis . almost four times as many as Business trips and six times as many as visits to relatives and friends

------------- you can also say ''Holidaying/ Vaction'', but Leisure is the best usage. Also when you discuss the graphical or tabulated interpretations, you better maintain the present tense. That is why I changed the tense from past to present (was---> is)

Traveling for holiday went up dramatically toabout 20105 visits in 1998.

Home / Writing Feedback / My IELTS Task 1 Reports (UK citizens travel abroad and the countries visited)