Why the letter X represents undefined or an unknown?

PHA2016 39 / 62 4  
Letter 'X' is represented undefined or unknown. It something no definition such as the x-files, the x-price, the x-project and so on. The question is why this letter which is representative of unknown? Terry Moore have been explained it by learn some letters or language some countries. Starting Arabic language, he found in letter Syin. Moore elaborated that Arabic language symbols were containing mathematic wisdom and then it translated. Next it known as AL Jabra. However, one of problem was the Arabic symbol unpopular in European countries. To solve this, Moore said that Letter 'shin' translated become 'say on' which meant something that it some undefined and unknown thing. The problem from medieval Spanish scientist are translating these materials. The word 'Shin' become 'say on' cannot be render into Spanish language because Spanish difficult to say this sound. These problems be resolved by using Greek symbol X (read: kai) and then, this letter translated into English become X.

Source: TED, Terry Moore
Hi Patta, please find a few suggestions the will hopefully be helpful to your revision.

- Letter 'X' is re presented as undefined or unknown. - It something with no definition
- The question is why is this letter
- which isthe representative of the unknown?
- Terry Moore have been explained it by learning - some letters or language from some countries.
- StartingIt started with the Arabic language,
- Arabic language symbols were containinghas mathematic wisdom and then itis translated.
- Next itIt is known as AL Jabra.
- However, one of the problem wasin the Arabic
- symbol is that, it is unpopular in European countries.
- To solve this, Moore said that the Letter 'shin'
- translated becometo 'say on' which
- meant something that it some undefined and unknown thing.
- The word 'Shin' becomebecame 'say on'
- cannot be renderred into Spanish language
- because Spanish speakers find it difficult to say this sound.
- These problems be resolved by using Greek symbol X (read: kai) and then, this letter is translated into English becomeand became X.

There you have it Patta, I hope you follow through with the corrections and though the remarks and corrections in your sentences are minor, they should be eliminated in order to create a well defined and concise sentences.

Home / Writing Feedback / Why the letter X represents undefined or an unknown?