A request letter for accommodation transfer to an another room

adamjhons123 1 / -  

shared room adaptation issue

You live in a room in college which you share with another student.
However, there are many problems with this arrangement and you find it
very difficult to work.
Write a letter to the accommodation officer at the college. In the letter,
· describe the situation
· explain your problems and why it is difficult to work
· say what kind of accommodation you would prefer

Dear Sir/Madam
I am writing you to request a transformation of my accommodation to another room as a result of many problems I face in my current resident.

The reason of my request is that I find it hard to adapt myself with my current colleague. He works late at night in order to pay his debts and when he comes back he starts studying until dawn. On the other hand, I start studying at noon while he is a sleep.

Therefore, our arrangements are always different making sleep and studying an annoying and difficult tasks to do as it cause disturbance to both of us. He is obviously a nocturnal person while I am a diurnal one.

I prefer to have an arrangement with a student that have a similar schedule of mine. So we can agree on our main times of sleeping and other main activities that will not cause harm to both of our systems.

I am looking for your response at the earliest convenience.

Yours faithfully.

Adam Jhons
adam, don't use a dictionary to write letters like these. Using terms such as "nocturnal" and "diurnal" indicate that you actually looked up the terms to use in the letter. It makes the letter sound too forced and obviously, non-native speaking in terms of English. Use simple terms to better describe your situation. You should also make sure that you use the proper words to describe what it is you want to do. For example, a "transformation" means an act of transforming while a "transfer" is to move from a person, place, or situation to another. So you want to use the term "transfer" here. Also, you are requesting for a change in residence (place of living), you are the resident (person who lives in the residence). I can't believe that you bothered to look up the more advanced descriptive terms but you did not bother to confirm the meaning of the terms you used as descriptive in your essay. You will be scored down for each descriptive word you use in the wrong context / meaning.

Home / Writing Feedback / A request letter for accommodation transfer to an another room