Essay on Responding to September 11

Lexill 1 / 1  
7 marks - In the view of a psychologist, what would influence a person's thoughts on the september 2001 attacks?
7 marks - In the view of the anthropologist, what would influence a person's thoughts on the semptember 2001 attacks?
7 marks - In the view of a sociologist, what would influenece a person's thoughts on the september 2001 attacks?

I can't really answer these questions so please help me :)
This is the article that I read to answer the other questions and i think that's what they want me to use to answer these ones to.

On September 2001, hijackers turned two Boeing jetliners into flying bombs, crashing them into the twin towers of world Trade Center in New York City. The towers collapsed, killing about 3500 people. Another plane crashes into the Pentafon, killing about 200 and a fourth crahed into an open field, killing all on board.

Huge events like this have the capacity to bring together poeples around the world in a common cause and sympathy. The fist set of extracts, below, captures just a handful of the many expressions of sympathy sent to the United states, and especially to the many family and friends who lost loved ones in the attack. These came from all over the world, from people of different cultures, political systems, faiths, and traditions.

Although the majority opinion was that this was a diabolical and unprovoked act, some groups saw it as the logical outcome of American forgein policy, which has let to much anti-Americanism around the world.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
1) Psychological-- FEAR is the main point here, I think the attacks on 9/11 caused many people to fear terrorism. This, in turn, caused the American people to become anxious and depressed (although it did inspire some unity) The economy suffers from this-- it becomes a recession, which leads to job loss, poverty and more despair.

2) Anthropology-- You need to explore how human culture in America has changed. If people are influenced by war and a recession, they will feel insecure about the future. People have many destructive habits, and mental illness is at an all-time high.

2) Sociological-- Fear leads to desperation, which makes people think "war is OK" People believe that this war makes us safer, but it is doing much damage to our country. The economy suffers. Heightened security exists everywhere that people travel. This may cause some people to avoid travel, especially to countries near war.

You may want to watch a movie called "The Obama deception" on a side note, it mentions a lot about this subject and how the government perpetuates the fear from 9/11 to control people's feelings, mainly by using the media.

Good luck!
OP Lexill 1 / 1  
Ya I will watch that movie

Thank You sooo much :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay on Responding to September 11