IELTS Task 2 writing. Who should be responsible for subjects taught in schools?

ARIA 16 / 43 1  
The subjects that children are taught in schools are decided by central authorities. Some people say that teachers, not politicians, should be responsible for this task. To what extent you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Education is the key element in development of a society. As in most countries, the educational system and material presented in schools are planned by government. Some argue that it has to be the responsibility of the teachers, those who are involved in teaching of those courses and subjects. I am against this belief, because authorities have a better view of what we need for a growing economy and can provide plans which fit better for our economy. Moreover, a universal plan made by government can help us to proceed into the higher education level.

Those who govern our society have a better knowledge of what is beneficial and what is not for a prosperous economy. For education like other sectors they must have plans made by experts and educational specialist. The curriculum made by those experts guaranty that students who finish their school have their jobs and keep up with economic growth. For example an industrial country education system is focused more on what is necessary for its industry development. While curriculum planned by teachers may be at interest of teachers and do not help the society to reach its goals for economic prosperity.

The education system in a country needs to be common in whole country. Despite the subjects and courses in higher education, which are more specific and diversified, material taught in primary and high schools are more general. These subjects need to be the same in schools around the country, hence it covers all information required for the higher education. Therefore, all students in country fallow a common program and learn the same material which helps them in better way to continue their education in university.

In conclusion, although the government is not formed with those who teach at school, they can plan our educational system by experts in a way that to be more productive for our economy and provide an integrated and uniform system of education for a higher level.
Education is a key element inthe development of eacha society.

As in most countries, planning in education is the government's task,

.... stop here and then start a new sentence. Also, align this line better with the prompt bringing it to point of curriculum, which is the focus of your prompt.

In most countries the state has the authority of taking decisions on school curriculum.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
your idea here is that curriculum needs to be planned to fulfill social and economic requirements of the nation and hence it needs to be handled by a set of experts who have broader knowledge and capabilities than a teacher or a school administrator.
Moreover, auniversalnational plan made by government can help us to proceed into the higher education level.

(too much details were pointed out at the end of the introduction. You should mention the reasons why you took this position briefly to encourage the reader to read the rest of the easy)

I am with Ahmad. You should have stopped after stating your opinion. The sentence should have been omitted. Also, when you say "universal" it refers to international curriculum. However, the authorities are responsible for national affairs and the scope should have been reduced to that level.

Those who govern our society have a better knowledge of what is beneficial and what is not for a prosperous economy.

Those who govern the country are in a better position as well as with broader knowledge to decide what is best for the country and economy.
OP ARIA 16 / 43 1  
I really appreciate your effort, particularly Ahmad.
Now, I realize where are my weak points.
Is that OK with you Ahmad to ask you any eventual question via email?
I find that more convenient.
Thanks a lot
Aria
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  

sure, please put your email address here and I will drop an email to you :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2 writing. Who should be responsible for subjects taught in schools?