Task 2: who are responsible for teaching children moral principles: parents or teachers ?

gin 279 2 / 1 1  

teaching moral education during children's growth

There exists a controversial debate about who are responsible to deliver moral principles to children. While some argue that it is essential for caregivers to teach the young these ethical lessons, others opine that these lessons should be taught at school. From my standpoint, both teachers and parents have the equal role in educating children ethnics.

On the one hand, that parents teach children rights and wrongs is crucial. It is common knowledge that home is the first school of children because from birth to preschool, children are under the sole custody of parents. As children will imitate the behaviors of their caregivers, parents must be good example for them to follow. Obviously, children who are taught to distinguish between right and wrong from a young age are more likely to become disciplined citizens.

On the other hand, there is no doubt that teachers and schools play an essential role in conveying ethical lessons for pupils. Not only do schools have responsibility to teach academic subjects but they also have to guide children's behaviors and keep them stay clear of wrongdoings, especially in modern days, when there are more and more working parents, which takes valuable time away from their child-caring responsibilities. Schools are often considered as microcosm of society, therefore, interacting with other schoolchildren of different character and family background will act as a way of forming their personalities. With the moral lessons and experience gained from schools, children can be well-educated citizen and contribute to society when they come of age.

By the way of inclusion, moral education plays an indispensible part in children's personal development and future prospect. Consequently, both schools and parents should take concerted effort in developing good manners among children during their personality- building period.
QuocHuu 7 / 14  
You should post the rubric before starting because there are maybe some diffenrences between a disscusion and opinion essay.
By stating some real-life experiences or example may lenghthen and make your essay more convincing.
There are actually several prompts that relate to your given topic. As such, I cannot be sure as to the discussion approach you have chosen to take. You need to provide a better version of the original prompt the next time you ask us to review your essay. Just as your response needs to be accurate, so does our review of your work. That can only be accomplished when we know what we need to review in your paper.

Avoid making exaggerated comments in your essay. Examiners do not like it when you use over statements such as "controversial debate" in the presentation. These essays always opine or discuss but never "debate". You should also use more appropriate alternative terms in your essay. There is a difference between a caregiver, who is someone tasked with the personal care of another person, and a teacher, who is an educator or a person in charge of teaching younger people about certain life and educational requirements.

Saying "By way of inclusion" is incorrect for a concluding statement. Perhaps you meant to say "In conclusion". Work on your vocabulary skills and commonly used English phrases. It appears you are still confused as to English word usage and meaning at this point. More reading materials in English, as well as more dictionary references in relation to word meaning before usage should help you in that department.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 2: who are responsible for teaching children moral principles: parents or teachers ?