review my quote essay ("The desire to know..")

GrammarFool 2 / 4  
I need help interpreting this quote:

"The desire to know is far more important than achievement and/or performance measures." ~Caine & Caine

Discuss what the following quotation means to you. How might it be relevant to your future?
It seems pretty straightforward to me. It is more important to want to learn than it is to meet any specific learning achievement measure. Most of what we learn in school we eventually forget, anyway. No one who goes into a non-math related field remembers how to do calculus after a year or so at university. Likewise, no one who goes into a non-chemistry related field remembers how to calculate moles, or even what moles are in chemistry. It is much more important for students to develop critical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity, traits which will serve them well throughout their lifetimes, than to master specific skills in such topics.
cmdunn - / 2  
What is this for?
cmdunn - / 2  
I think the quote is getting at the idea that it is more noble to strive to think through in order to achieve a goal, rather than having a natural knack for a talent that you take for granted.
OP GrammarFool 2 / 4  
well heres what I got so far I need help on the second part of that:

In all scope of human achievement there begins with a desire to know, and this desire is what drives human beings to progress and innovation. Such is the case for famous innovators like Wilbur and Orville Wright, whose curiosity for the phenomenon of flight inspired them to break nature's hold on humanity and to soar through the sky.

...
In all scope of All human achievement begins with a desire to know, and this desire is what drives human beings to progress and innovate . Such is the case for famous innovators like Wilbur and Orville Wright, whose curiosity about the phenomenon of flight inspired them to break nature's hold on humanity and to soar through the sky. This curiosity to discover the unknown in the end is far more important than what is to be achieved. I believe that this is what the quote Caine and Caine meant when they wrote, "The desire to know is far more important than achievement and/or performance measures." They were trying to convey that, as long as humanity retains its thirst for knowledge, than the spring of innovation and achievement will continue to flow.

Home / Writing Feedback / review my quote essay ("The desire to know..")