Article Review: Weird Orange Crocodiles found Gorging on Bats in Gabon Caves

Yonathan 46 / 65 5  
In part of an expedition into Gabon's Abanda cave system, the explorer Olivier Testa found a population of dwarf crocodiles. The team's crocodile expert Matthew Shirley realised that crocodile eats many bats that falling into the water or lining up to be plucked off the cave walls. With at least 5 kilometres of caves to occupy, its difficult to precisely know how many crocs are in this cave.

Another discovery, when the crocs go deeper, the older, dark-coloured males had become paler, turning a bright orange. The water these crocodiles swim through is essentially an alkaline slurry formed form bat dropping. The urea in bat guano makes the water very basic and erode away the skin and changes its colour. While the crocodiles appear to spend the entire dry season in the caves, they emerge during the wet season at least to breed.
PHA2016 39 / 62 4  
Hello Yonathan,

WHILE The team's crocodile expert Matthew...

Withit is at least 5 kilometres (...), its difficult to precisely knowTO KNOW PRECISELY how many crocs CROCKS/ALIGATORS are in this cave.

... swim through is essentially ESSENTIAL an alkaline slurry formed ...

... dry season in the caves,AND they emerge during ...
Hi Yonathan, below are a few suggestions for your summary essay.

- In part of anthe expedition into Gabon's
- Matthew Shirley realiz ed that crocodiles
- eats many bats that fallingfalls into the water
- the cave walls. With, with at least
- 5 kilometreskilometers of caves to occupy,
- its difficult to precisely know how many crocscrocodiles ( I know this is a summary but you have to refrain from cutting the words ) are in this cave.

- Another discovery, whenis that the
- crocscrocodiles go deeper,
- the older, dark- colou red males had become palergone pale ,
- turning athem into bright orange.
- is essentially an alkaline slurry formed formfrom bat droppings .
- changes its colourcolor. While, while the crocodiles appear to spend the entire dry
- the wet season at least to breed.

There you have it Yonathan, I believe you have a well rounded and comprehensive summary, this only means that you absolutely understood the article and this brings a very effective review.

Home / Writing Feedback / Article Review: Weird Orange Crocodiles found Gorging on Bats in Gabon Caves