Revising and ideas..How has your childhood shaped you as a writer

ashleyfloyd 1 / 1  
Growing up in the Floyd household was not only an enjoyable experience but it was also a

pleasurable experience. As a child, I was encouraged to be open, focused, as well as descriptive in

everything that I did, which are a few reasons that have helped to mold me into the writer that I' am

today.

First of all, I was always encouraged to be open with my family. Regardless of the situation, my

parents made a point to be open as well honest with me about almost anything whether it were

negative or positive, my parents had a "no-holds barred", attitude which shows in my writing.

I'm never afraid to write about a certain topic regardless of the origin or the topic and that in turn has

Made me an unguarded writer.

Second reason I feel my childhood has helped to shape me, as a writer is the focus that was given

to me as a child. My parents were not only attentive to my every need but at times they were also

a bit over protective of me. They would always tell me how important it was to succeed and

to remain focused on my studies .Because of those many lessons I tend to stay motivated .It has also

allowed me to discover my endurance and passion for writing.

Last reason why I feel my childhood has shaped me as a writer would be the descriptive side that was

was instilled in me. Whether my parents knew it or not, every time they congratulated me on bringing

home a new project or getting an A in my most difficult classes, t hey were helping me to become the

writer that I' am today.

In closing, my parents once told me, A good writer is one who says all he wants to say, says only

What he means to say, and says exactly what he meant to say. Those few words have helped me to

become the open, focused, and descriptive writer that I' am today.
usalma2002 9 / 21  
As a child, I was encouraged to be open, focused, as well as descriptive in everything that I did, which are a few reasons that have helped to mold me into the writer that I' am

What he means to say, and says exactly what he meant to say. Those few words have helped me to become the open, focused, and descriptive writer that I' am today.

You could rewrite the conclusion to avoid repetition of words that falls emotion.
As a child, I was encouraged to be open, focused, as well as descriptive in everything that I did; these three attributes helped to mold me into the writer that I am today.

The second reason I feel my childhood has helped to shape me, as a writer is the focus that was given to me as a child.

The last reason...

Use " " marks:
In closing, my parents once told me, "A good writer is one who says all he wants to say, says only what he means to say, and says exactly what he meant to say." Those few...

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Revising and ideas..How has your childhood shaped you as a writer