IELTS Writing Task 1 - Rice exports from Thailand and Vietnam

ngthuha 6 / 14 5  

prices per tonne of rice in two countries

The line graphs compare prices of exported rice each month in two Asian countries: Vietnam and Thailand each month from 2012 to 2015.
It is apparent that rice exports from Thai Lan cost higher than that from Vietnam. Moreover, rice prices were higher in 2012 and 2013 than in the later years.

In 2012, rice exports from Thailand were sold at $350 per tonnes in January, over two times the figures for Vietnam. However, after a peak of nearly $400 in February, Thailand rice prices drop minimally and stabilized at $340. Meanwhile, Vietnam rice exports saw a slight increase to $200 at the end of 2012. Throughout 2013, a small rise of roughly $50 was observed in price of Vietnam rice exports, whereas that of Thailand had experienced a plummet of $150 in the first 4 years before fluctuating above $200 over the remaining months.

Looking at 2014, there was a sharp decline from $150 to $100 in the price of Thailand rice exports, while the figures for Vietnam followed an opposite trend, with a small rise of $25 over the year. However, 2015 witnessed an upward trend in both nations, with an increase of $50 per tonnes.

Since you are doing a comparison data presentation format, it would be better if you provide the measurements for both countries for comparison purposes. So when you say over two time the figure for Vietnam, mention the figure for Vietnam. That should be done for accuracy purposes. Be careful of your spelling, the country is Thailand, not Thai Lan. Information accuracy is important in the Task 1 essay. The second paragraph has an extra long last sentence. That can still be divided into 2 sentences, further increasing your chances at a higher GRA score. In the last paragraph, you should increase the information for the 2015 reference. It should have a little more information than you have presented. You can still use 3 sentences in that paragraph following the 3-5 sentence per paragraph format.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing Task 1 - Rice exports from Thailand and Vietnam