Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Task 2 ielts: Robots will play an important role in future

linhpham282 2 / 1  
Some people believe that robots will play an important role in future societies, while others argue that robots might have negative effects on society.

discuss both views and give your opinion.

Robots are prevalent in every aspect of our lives. Besides, they still provoke vigorous debate. A school of thought believes that robots will provide numerous benefits for our society, whereas others argue that they will trigger some detriments. This essay will look at both views before giving my perspective.

On the one hand, the robust development of robotics technologies can worsen our society to some certain extent. One of the primary threats is the heavy dependence on robots. Many assistant robots have facilitated our lives, such as washing machines or logistic robots, in charge of household chores or various labour-intensive tasks. This trend will cause a sedentary lifestyle and result in health problems such as obesity in the long term. Moreover, nowadays, Robots have superseded unskilled workers, especially in the manufacturing and banking fields, leading to an increase in the unemployment rate. For example, fully automated processes have already taken over manual jobs such as assembly-line workers, while many bank tellers have lost their job when digital banking is released.

On the other hand, Robots still generate positive impacts on our sustainable development. The first positive role is it could promote the emotional and physical well-being of the seniors. There is a robot in Japan called Telenoid, equipped with state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, its function includes making conversation, facial expressions which foster communication and reduce the risk of depression for the loneliness elderly. Moreover, its advent also helps alleviate the burdens for medical systems when the lack of human resources in nursing is still a social dilemma. Another essential role of robotics engineering is supporting us in tedious tasks and freeing up our time. In lieu of doing the monotonous jobs, we could contribute our creativity to the other critical priorities or nourish the family relationship when all the mundane manual labour could be done by advanced technology.

In conclusion, though Robots could harm us to some extent, I personally contend robots indeed will add many benefits to the future society.
Please give me some feedback on this essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 2 ielts: Robots will play an important role in future