IELTS TASK 2: RURAL DEPOPULATION: Discuss the effects and suggest some ways

ldlsky03 8 / 16 2  
These days, it seems that an increasing number of people are leaving rural areas to live in the
city.
Discuss some of the effects of rural depopulation (migration from the country to the city ) and
suggest some ways on which this trend could be reversed

Many people in urban areas have a tendency to migrant to the city. Although, this trend brings some benefits, the negative effects is undeniable. In this essay, I intend to discuss some consequences it causes and some solutions can be reversed this trend.

First of all, it is an indisputable fact that migration away from the country negatively affect in many sphere of life in the city. This could be exemplified by the facts that the amount of traffic jams probably continue to increase significantly in the future because of the overcrowded population in city. Additionally, many people moving from the countryside are hard to find jobs in the city and have to live in poor accommodations. Therefore, it easily lead to a range of social problems including substance abuse, gambling and criminal. From this it become evident that the negative effects of this trend is noticeable and it is necessary to consider carefully to develop the habitat both in rural and urban areas.

In order to prevent people from moving to cities, some efficient solutions need to bring out. For example, the government should balance the number of corporations and universities by moving some of these to the countryside that would help to reduce the population in the urban areas. Besides, the authority need to invest more fund in facilities and entertainments in rural areas to create more careers opportunities and improve the quality of life. Also, reversing this trend requires in long term and also need to have approves of many people, therefore, opening public campaigns warning people about the overcrowding in cities is necessary.

To conclude, given the seriousness effects and practical solutions of migrating to the city, I believe that this trend could be reversed in the future.

Thanks for reading :)
Shumaila86 11 / 31 9  
In this essay, I intend to discuss some consequences it causes and some solutions can be reversed this trend.

rephrase this sentence. Always avoid' Over-Generalization' in any essay. e.g; I will discuss consequences of depopulation and some solutions to reduce the impacts of this trend.

indisputable fact

undeniable fact

affect in many sphere of life in the city

affect many aspects of city life . ( because I do not think it would be appropriate to say 'many spheres of life').

seriousness effects

?????? serious effects

Very good concepts and solutions, no doubt. only, You need to groom some writing skills.
1. proper Grammar usage, especially, uses of Comma, Definite and Indefinite articles, and punctuation.
2. vocabulary: avoid repetition of words; try variety of sentences.
Rest is fine. Good Luck

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: RURAL DEPOPULATION: Discuss the effects and suggest some ways