Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

salaries paid to professional sports people are too high

sharadarige 15 / 25  
Some people believe that the salaries paid to professional sports people are too high, while others argue that sports salaries are fair. Discuss both views and give your opinion

In the current generation with the increase of awareness and improvement in infrastrucure, people are encouraged to pick sports as a profession. Earlier sports were played to establish and improve the relationships between two or more different communities or nations by conducting matches at different intervals. This helped the people not only to improve the trade and tourism but also provide a source for their livelihood.

Today sports persons are paid heavily due to the rise in competition, but the salaries are restricted to the most prominent games. Their salaries depend on the sport and the team in which they are involved. The reason being behind is , many multinational companies want to expand their market share in various nations, and sports is good source to endorse their products by sponsoring an individual player or by conducting leagues at national or international levels. For example although Hockey is India's national game, the large number of viewers are attracted either towards Cricket or Tennis. This makes the companies to invest in these two games so that they can generate income and pay lump sum amount to the respective sports Board.

Paying high salaries also lures the players making them greedy to make more money, which indulge them in malpractice, by doing match fixings, taking dose to gain stamina before the game starts. This disappoints many viewers losing their hopes on their favorite team or athletes. This was observed earlier in many sports events.

Nevertheless, the amount earned by the players is huge, but they are the icons of our nation making everyone feel proud. Many players are involved in charities, social service organization etc. For example the famous cricketer "Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar" started his own charitable trust helping many destitute children to get education, like wise "Steve Waugh" has his own Cancer hospital proving treatment for free of cost. No sports person attains such pinnacles without pain, hard work and dedication. Though they are paid heavily, a part of it is also used for the welfare of society. At last they are bringing glory to our nation.

Home / Writing Feedback / salaries paid to professional sports people are too high