Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Salary issue between famous athletes and other important professionals in society

congminh 1 / 1  
Topic:
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions.
Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.

Discuss both these views and give your opinion.

It is popular that famous athletes these days receive an excessively higher income than people who work in other pivotal sectors of society. Some people believe this is completely fair, while others think it is unjustified. From my point of view, I am in favor of the former opinion.

Obviously, the professionals such as teachers and doctors play an indispensable role in human society whose perfectly respectable occupations in life. Without their existence, society would become illiterate and prone to disease. However, in most countries around the world, their salaries are basically in a specific salary tier given by the government to ensure the approachable ability of all citizens. This means to say, these jobs provide the social underlying needs and an extent to which their salaries could be payable by the society. Should their salaries exceed the people's needs, the likelihood of social disparity becomes realistic.

On the other hand, there are several evidences to explain why famous sports players deserve higher salaries than professionals. Firstly, becoming a successful sports player is a process of devotion and tough training. They have to physically undergo strenuous practices and maintain a day-to-day strict diet to keep their body and mind perfect. For example, Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best football players and the highest-paid players in the world, who has to keep his body at zero fat in order to have the best stamina and body fit throughout his career. It means that the famous athletes stretch to the limit to which most people may not reach and what they sacrificed for sport is financially worthwhile. Secondly, the successful athletes powerfully attract a huge number of fans. Therefore, the broadcasting rights of their games and brands' advertising campaigns generate enormous income to famous players. Finally, their sporting career has a shorter lifespan than any occupation in society. Most physical sport players usually retire after they get over the age of thirty due to physical decline. Moreover, there is a risk of injury when those players frequently take part in a harsh competition which may destroy their career quickly.

In conclusion, although important professionals such as teachers and doctors are essential to society, the higher salaries received by famous athletes should be respectfully and widely recognized by people.

Home / Writing Feedback / Salary issue between famous athletes and other important professionals in society