The sales and rentals volume of films in four different categories from 2002 and 2011

killashaw 1 / 1  

the annual number of rentals and sales

The given bar chart provides the sales and rentals volume of films in four different categories from 2002 and 2011.

The main point that can be observed here is that the figures for rentals and DVD sales experienced a downward trend in the number of rentals over a given period. By contrast, the number of Dvd sales increased impressively between 2002 and 2007. After that, the figure remained at the top of the chart.

Looking at the graph more closely, in 2002, the figure for rentals was the highest among the three categories at almost 180,000 followed by VHS sales, DVD sales at approximately 70,000, 40,000. There was a gradual fall of roughly 110,000 in 2011. It is worth pointing out that the sales volume of VHS went down steadily to 0.

In opposition to the two figures, the number of DVD sales stood at 48,000 in 2002. The figure saw a dramatic increase from 2002 to 2007, reaching a peak of almost 210,000. There was a slight drop to around 180,000 by 2011. When it comes to Blu-ray sales, in 2007, the sales volume of Blu-ray sales was the lowest figure. However, the figure increased slightly between 2007 and 2011.

The writer created a confusing trending statement. He vcombined a reference to rentals and DVD sales, which are two different subjects and should have been presented in seperate sentences. Combined information can be only be used for similar references such as DVD and VHS sales. Why? Both relate to the sales of an item. Rental and Sales refer to two different client segments. As such, the interests are different and should be presented separately when analyzed in terms of figures.

It is important that the writer does nto confuse the reader when he is making his presentation. He tends to get confused when discussing the representative measurements, making it difficult to understand the actual trend of the sentence or paragraphs. Practice writing individual thought sentences first. Disregard the length requirement of the exercise for now. Write in the long form of analysis first. Get used to seperate ideas, then slowly learn how to coherently combine sentence ideas to create cohesive sentence representations.
ieywa 3 / 9  
@killashaw
Hi, I just wanna give a little feedback. If I was you, I would presented one by one of the issue, for example how the rentals volume from 2022 to 2011, then DVD Sales. And I would compare how those situation for each cases from 2022 to 2011.

Home / Writing Feedback / The sales and rentals volume of films in four different categories from 2002 and 2011