Same laws should be applied to Tobacco as they are applied to Heroin

drodriguez_38 2 / 2  
THIS IS TRAINING FOR MY IELTS EXAM, PLEASE DO ALL THE RELEVANT COMMENTS AND OBSERVATIONS. THANK YOU!

Should the same laws which prohibit the sale and consumption of heroin be applied to tobacco? Discuss

Nowadays, the consumption of tobacco is typical in the youth and adults, and unfortunately, the use of drugs such as heroin is also becoming common between the youth. But there is a notable difference between the effects of tobacco and heroin. This is why the same laws that prohibit the sale and consumption of heroin must not be applied to tobacco.

Consuming tobacco or using drugs are personal decisions that everybody makes and, as we have realized, laws will not keep anyone from smoking a cigarette or injecting heroin. Thus it's more important to educate than to prohibit, because the youth may find the "prohibited" as attractive, and if they don't have the foundations to make a good choice, they will go astray, no matter if it's about a cigarette, heroin, alcohol, etc.

Someone who smokes a cigarette is still able to work, drive, and share with his/her family and friends, among others. But someone who uses heroine goes drowsy, feels that his/her arms and legs are heavy, does not think clearly, becomes euphoric, gets collapsed veins, and in general, heroin alters the brain and the nervous system. Therefore, heroin users cannot do usual activities as the aforementioned.

In my opinion, it is clear that, given that tobacco causes severe diseases such as lung cancer, the sale and consumption of tobacco must be restricted, but not prohibited as heroin since tobacco doesn't damage to the same extent than heroin. However, as I said before, it's more important to educate children and teenagers about the effects of using prejudicial substances, because even the black market may be more powerful if we don't teach our youth how to make good decisions.
jkjeremy - / 380 72  
Should the same laws which prohibit the sale and consumption of heroin be applied to tobacco?

I hope that's not the way the question is phrased because it's grammatically incorrect!

Anyway...

Do the following:

1. YES or NO. The same laws ought to be applied or not.

2. Discuss ONE reason why.

3. Discuss a SECOND reason why.

4. Discuss a THIRD reason why.

This is a lower-half paper because it's so repetitive.
Follow the outline suggested by jkjeremy. Also don't forget to support your reasons with a specific example that can convince your reason to the reader.

It's important that you include the prompt in your post so that others can give you better and more relevant feed backs for you.

You can write well.... with practice you can improve a lot. Also, practise with time and aim for a good score. Pay attention to the above advice and do more essays on similar topics. Post them here for comments!

Home / Writing Feedback / Same laws should be applied to Tobacco as they are applied to Heroin