Sapodila, was the name given to me when I was born; Essay on myself

Sapodils 2 / 6 1  
Sapodila, was the name given to me when I was born. Till today, this name has brought me lots of luck. Credits to my parents for giving me such a wonderful name. I have no problem in school as it was easy to be pronounced and whenever I needed to fill up any form, the space had been always adequate.

When I was small, my grandmother was the one who brought me up. Both of my parents were working, so I spent most of my time with my lovely grandmother. At that time, I was her youngest granddaughter and this enabled me to receive extra care from her. Taking a job like a mum, she taught me many things, including doing house chores at a very young age. Although she could not help me in my studies, she was always there, giving endless support. She told me stories about my mum and her siblings. They are all grated with good jobs such as teacher, engineer, police officer, and army. I was amazed by the way she could raise up eight kids even with a little pay. She kept on encouraging me to study hard to achieve my ambition.

In my primary school, I always obtained excellent grades. Being at the top, I always work hard in order to maintain or even to enhance my performance. After Year 4, my family shifted to Sepang from Klang Valley. I was in a new area and I felt a little bit of nervous on my very first day. Thank god, my teachers and friends were very nice to me. They helped me to adapt to the new environment. In Year 6, I scored 5A's in my UPSR. At that point of my life, my mind set was studying in a boarding school after primary school is the best choice. So, I applied to MRSM and also SBP. Many of my relatives were against my decision; they said I was too young. But, I did not agree with them. There are many my-aged students who were studying in boarding school. So, why can't I? I was firm with my decision. Every day, I checked the MARA webpage. The day arrived and I got accepted to MJSC Kuala Kubu Bharu. My parents did not have the heart to stop me.

Life in MJSC was not as easy as in primary school. There were more subjects, more competition among peers, and the syllabus was tougher. Being a positive girl, I muddled through all the problems and obtained rank 23 out of 150. I was in the top 15% but it did not satisfy me. Each time I fall, I take it as a golden opportunity to develop myself to be better. I will work harder by trying to improve my weaknesses and maximise my strength. My effort was paid off as I got first in my whole batch with a pointer of 3.89 and I was awarded as the best student. I continued my success for the next two years; Form 2 and Form 3. At end of Form 3, I passed PMR with flying colours.

Moving on, I got an offer to PERMATApintar to pursue my studies. To be honest, it was a hard decision since MJSC was also a good school. I was reluctant to leave my friends and teachers in MJSC but offer to PERMATApintar is like once in a life time. I had to make a decision and I told myself that in order to achieve something in life we need to sacrifice. My decision was not wrong. When I came here, I started to prepare myself for university life as most of the classes are conducted that way whereby the students need to seek for information themselves rather than relying on teachers. In fact, PERMATApintar is the reason why I could pursue my studies in university in the United States at the age of 17.
Credits to my parents for giving me such a wonderful name.

I am so thankful to my parents for giving me such a wonderful name.

whenever I needed to fill up any form, the space had been always adequate.

:D ....Very impressive

When I was small, my grandmother was the one who brought me up

When I was a kid, it was my grandmother who took care of me.

Taking a job like a mum, she taught me many things, including doing house chores at a very young age.

Playing the role of my mom, she taught me many things that made me confident of carrying out house chores at a very tender age.
OP Sapodils 2 / 6 1  
Thank you so much! I appreciate it! :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Sapodila, was the name given to me when I was born; Essay on myself