Satisfaction with the job the nation's major airlines are doing

hua911107 1 / -  

level of satisfaction from Airlines services

The bar graph indicates/illustrates/presents the percentage of how the public in the US is satisfied with the job the country's major airlines doing in 1999,2000 and 2007.The table presents the results of the survey that people's satisfaction with multiple specific sorts of the flying experience during the same period of time. Overall ,the percentages of satisfaction with what the nation's major airlines was doing steadily increased ,while dissatisfaction gradually decreased. Apparently, the (sort of) courtesy of flight attendants ,however, always acquired the most satisfaction from the public ,which could be indicated by their highest percentage every year.

As we can see from the bar graph, the percentage of people's satisfaction with nation's major airlines had a steady upward trend as a whole over time ,from 65% (in1 999) to 69% (in2000) to 72% (in 2007) ultimately. In contrast, the percentage of the dissatisfaction went down obviously from 32% to 29% to 24% , which might have been provoked by some improvements(explaination).On the other hand, it is obvious that people are rather satisfied with the manners of the flight attendants as it had been ranking first since 1999 to 2007 ,at 88% ,90% ,92% respectively.

Moreover, the information of comfort of seats was absent in 1999 and 2000 whereas it was 47% in 2007 ,which was the lowest of all. The other three sorts of the table are courtesy of check-in/gate agents, price of tickets and schedules.They all had a rise on a whole ,which might have caused the whole satisfaction went up.
The bar graph indicates/illustrates/presents

Pick on descriptive reference point. Do not use all 3. It creates a confusing statement for the reader. This is not a multiple choice vocabulary test for the reader. The writer should have a clear reference in mind when writing his statement. Such confusion in word usage shows both a lack of English vocabulary understanding ang a lack of grammar skills on the writer's part. This is definitely going to severely lower his preliminary scores.

The writer is weak when it comes to creating connecting transitional sentences or phrases. In the summary, he was not able to effectively indicate that there is a relationship between the bar graph and table chart. there must be a connecting reference to the data from the two images as he introduces the transition from one image to the next.

Apparently, the (sort of)

What is this? What is the writer trying to imply? There should be no uncertainty in the report as this creates a blurred reference to the discussion trend. This is going to lead to a failing score for this paragraph.

As we can see

The reader cannot be referred to the image for one simple reason, the reader does not have a copy of the image to look at. Therefore, such a reference is futile and incorrect. The words of the writer should create an umistakable inidicator of what the images are referring to. The reader can never be asked to look at the image for information confirmation.

Home / Writing Feedback / Satisfaction with the job the nation's major airlines are doing