IELTS TASK 2:Whether without satisfying career, the life is meaningless?

eileenalien 8 / 20 4  
Hey guys!
I am preparing for the IELTS.
I got some questions in finishing this task:
1. Grammar is a big problem to me. I'm not sure whether did I use English in a proper way.
2. I cannot think out more supportive ideas related to MY essay. Is the ideas my essay right? OR could you share some brilliant ideas with me?

Thanks a lot!

TASK 2:THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF PEOPLE'S LIFE IS HIS/HER WORK. WITHOUT SATISFYING CAREER, THE LIFE IS MEANINGLESS.
TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE?

Recently, a popular saying goes that getting a promising career is the core of life. However, from my point of view, I can't agree with this opinion. I think the meaning of life goes far more than a satisfying job.

It is not sensible to classify all human beings into one category, because different people have different ideas about life. For instance, the most meaningful achievement of a working mother might not be her job but the happiness and health of her baby. She would rather lose her career than miss any moment in her baby's life.

Morever, on the surface, it is generally agreed that working is equal to making contributions to the society. However, on the deeper level, they are not the same at all. Because there are a lot of people who do not have satisfying careers still working hard and helping others. Mother Teresa is a good example confiming this statement. Being a nun may not be an ideal job in most people's eyes. But what Mother Teresa has done really makes her life meaningful and has positive influence on the community as well.

Personally speaking, everyone has his or her own standard about what a meaningful life is. Hence, it is useless for people to judge others according to their own criterions. No matter what a rewarding life is in different individuals' mind, it deserves hardwork and continuos chase.

To conclude, various people have various opinions on life. Those arguing that satisfying career is the highest meaning of life are just a small part of the whole. It is better to live a worthy life rather than figure out which is more meaningful.
veronicafy 2 / 4 1  
But what Mother Teresa has done makes her life meaningful and has positive influence on the community as well.
But what Mother Teresa had done made her life meaningful and had positive influence on the community as well.

HIïźŒI'm also strugging with IELTS now
you may consider about the charity career and people's self-affirmation
Recently, a popular saying goes that getting a promising career is the core of life.

.... I think it's better to avoid saying "recently"
There is a popular saying that promising career is the core of a happy life.

I think the meaning of life goes far more than a satisfying job.

I think that life means far more than a satisfying job.
Good introduction!

It is not sensible toclassify all human beings into one category, because different people have different ideas about life.

.... generally, you classify when there are more than one group, so this part sounds a bit confusing. I wish you simply said ;
Different people perceive life differently.

She would rather lose her career than miss any moment in her baby's life.

She would rather opt to give up her job if it is going to be a problem for her to take care of her baby.

You follow a good structure :)
OP eileenalien 8 / 20 4  
Thank you!!!!!!!
To varonicafy:
I'll look for the charity career and self-affirmation. And, good luck! Your IELTS~ :D
To dumi,
You really gave me useful comments! I can learn a lot about English usage reading your comments~ Thank you~

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2:Whether without satisfying career, the life is meaningless?