Ielts task 2: today, more school leavers are unable to find jobs.

princedynasty 15 / 57 4  
Topic: today, more school leavers are unable to find jobs. Discuss the causes of rising unemployment among young adults and suggest any solutions./
It is an alarming fact that there has been a surge in the number of unemployed graduates lately. This essay will elaborate on the reasons for the low employment among young people, which has become a burden on the national economy and put forward some possible solutions.

There are three main reasons why many young graduates are jobless nowadays. First of all, the recent economic crisis has had an adverse effect on the nation's economy, which is directly responsible for the loss of jobs. In particular, when countries undergo a period of economic recession, more and more corporations conceivably run into debt and go bankrupt. Consequently, companies manage to survive by dismissing a large number of workers and limiting the employment of young workers so as to reduce expenses.

In addition, most students nowadays tend to pursue tertiary education with a view to acquiring a high-income profession. This leads to an imbalance between white and blue collar workers. While the number of applicants for office work is excessive, manual workers are in desperate demand. Therefore, many young people are unemployed due to their inadequacy for the job in terms of physical ability or harsh competition.

Another important reason that merits consideration concerns the youth themselves. They totally lack practical skills after graduating from the universities. Obviously, companies would prefer to employ workers who have pragmatic experiences and need no training. Moreover, young applicants often have high hopes of promotions and a favorable working environment. It takes them too much time to contemplate job opportunities and, as a result, they lose them all.

Fortunately, many solutions can be proposed to improve the situation. High school graduates who have poor studying performance should be encouraged to attend vocational schools. Learning technical skills may help them to secure a stable job more easily than studying advanced academic knowledge in vain. Additionally, fair and strict entrance examinations, which serve as a comparatively accurate classification of students' ability, ought to be maintained. From the economic point of view, the government must play the vital role in revitalizing production. They can invest a bigger sum of money in industries or reduce unnecessary taxes to help companies make a more rapid recovery. If these solutions are applied, I am convinced that the prospects of the unemployment among young adults are slim in the long run.

In conclusion, the primary causes of unemployment are economic instability and students' job inclination as well as their insufficient qualifications. However, with appropriate solutions in terms of education and economy, this situation will be alleviated and show signs of improvement soon.
Inspired2012 4 / 20 6  
In conclusion, the primary causes of unemployment are economic instability and students' job inclination as well as their insufficient qualifications. However, with appropriate solutions in terms of education and economy, this situation will be alleviated and show signs of improvement soon. EXCELLENT

I should say you did a very good essay, only minimal mistakes are noted. You made your point clear and paragraphs are very cohesive. You could score a great mark even without my corrections. Good luck on our exams!! ;
OP princedynasty 15 / 57 4  
Thank you ah_zafari and Inspired2012. How can you be so good at writing? I often have great trouble brainstorming ideas, and my use of structures is banal and repetitive. It's like I don't write enthusiastically enough.:)))
Inspired2012 4 / 20 6  
I am not good in writing, that's why I am here hehehehehhe I badly needed help in IELTS WT2.
OP princedynasty 15 / 57 4  
@Inspired2012 Have you taken the IELTS before? and what is your band score? :D If you don't mind I would like to exchange email address. :D
Inspired2012 4 / 20 6  
I did the IELTS 4x, my first was on yr 2008 for Canada, then 2009 when I needed it for Visa purposes, then this yr 2012 for my registration as an RN here in Australia. Fortunately, my scores in listening speaking and reading reached 7 - 8 in particular, but I am finding it hard to achieve 7 in writing. My scores in writing are 6.5,,6.06.5,6.0. ;( IELTS is a hard exam esp when you need to achieve a certain score in one sitting, but I will keep on fighting! ;p I will have my exam on the 24th wish me luck ;p I did last November 3 as well... I will never give up. hohohohoh

Sorry mate I'd rather keep my email add private, if you don't mind posting your email ad then I will send you a message ;p
OP princedynasty 15 / 57 4  
@Inspired2012: I'm impressed by your fighting-to-death spirit in English writing. You will probably succeed. At least it's what I hope. . :)))

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts task 2: today, more school leavers are unable to find jobs.