TOEFL: 'school memories'; Childhood is the happiest time of a person's life.

zuika94 1 / 1  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Childhood is the happiest time of a person's life.

Everyone have happy moments during their life. These happy moments are both in their childhood and their adulthood. In my opinion , childhood is the happiest time of a person's life.

First, in childhood most people are happier than in adulthood. They do not have to worry about bills , jobs , how would their life be in the future. They just worry about two things: to have fun, learn and be happy. A child's daily life is school, playing and sleeping. For example, when I was young I just came home from school and then I would took my bike or soccer ball and go out and play with my friends in my neighbourhood . Moreover , I did not have to worry about costs and other things , I just had fun and learned.Also, people are most creative when they were children , children imagine new things and games just to have fun and be happy.

Second, childhood is the period where people go to school and learn. Therefore, school memories are one of the most memories in a person's life. There , you learn, find your first love, make new long-lasting friendships and of-course have a lot of fun. For example, my father's best moments in his life are in his school years. Moreover, he is still in-touch with some of his classmates and sometimes they get together and share their childhood memories.

In other words , childhood is, indeed, the most happiest moments in a person's life. There is only one life and one childhood and people should live their childhood thoroughly.
amrosca 4 / 130  
Hei there! :D

Your English is pretty darn good, don't get me wrong, but your essay is really boring. It does have structure, it's coherent, but it lacks a certain something. It really does seem like you have limited yourself to a very strict category of people. I am sure there are many who will say life can be fun regardless of age. However, if you don't have any further thoughts on this matter, at least try to explain in another paragraph why adulthood seems so appealing to children and such.

Also, try to read the essay after you finish and cut back on some words that you kept repeating (fun, learn).

Good luck! :3

Everyone have happy moments during their life. These happy moments are both in their childhood and their adulthood. In my opinion, childhood is the happiest time of a person's life. -- I think you should definitely elaborate the intro; the sentences seem unrelated.

For example, when I was young I just came home from school and then I would tooktake my bike or soccer ball and go out and play with my friends in mythe neighbou rhood. Moreover, I did not have to worry about costs and other things, I just had fun and learned._ Also, people are most creative when they wereare children, children imagine new things and games just to have fun and be happy.

Second, childhood is the period where people go to school and learn. Therefore, school memories are one of the most memories in a person's life. -- I don't see why you use "therefore" to correlate the two sentences since they are actually not related.
OP zuika94 1 / 1  
Thank you guys .I admit that this is one of my worst essays this year and next time I'll try to concentrate more and be more creative. And wow I sure make stupid mistakes while writing .
linh202 11 / 23  
Second, childhood is the period wherethat people go to school and learn.

Your idea in general is good. But I think your introduction should be more impessive
sunglyeol 3 / 5  
I think there is an error.

First, in childhood, most people are happier than in adulthood.

Your idea is perrty good. :-)

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL: 'school memories'; Childhood is the happiest time of a person's life.