Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

School subjects are equally beneficial to students' future career success IELTS

rcpjj 2 / 2  
Hi guys, can you guys do me a favor and review my IELTS Writing Test Part 2, really appreciated, I will help you guys to review yours in exchange.

Subject:
4 Schools should only offer subjects that are beneficial to students' future career success. Other subjects, such as music and sports, are not important. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

People in China usually put a lot of emphasis on the courses given to students which can be beneficial for their future career success, sometimes subjects like music and sports are often ignored or played down by teachers, parents or students themsleves, from my point of view, I believe that there is a good reason to have these subjects of which are considered irrelavant by some people.

There is no doubt that students should put emphasis on the main subjects for their study. For example, Chinese students in secondary school will have to study hard on math, English, Chinese and Physics to ensure that they could get good marks on these subjects, and consequently they may have better chance to get admitted by prestigious universities, in that way students may gain better qualifications for their future career, and quite likely to be successful. All other subjects like music, sports and military training doesn't count in terms of universities' admission.

On the other hand, it is reasonable to consider other subjects are equally important. The purpose of our whole educational system is to prepare our students for their future career and life. For instance, sports class can teach students how to work their body out, enable them to have a better health both physically and mentally. It's out of question that successful career can not be accomplished in such a fierce job market without a good body. As for music subject, there are lots of companies do have a tendency to hire people with extra talents unrelated to their job, such as music, sports and speech talents, and they can surely stay conspicuious when there is opportunity. And possibly may give them an upperhand if students perform equally well with their job in the future.

In conclusion, no subjects should be treated as not important, otherwise the teachers wouldn't need to teach them in the class, I strongly insist that all subjects given by school to the students are equally important, in one way or another, they all will surely serve the students well in the future and eventually contribute to their career success.

Home / Writing Feedback / School subjects are equally beneficial to students' future career success IELTS