TOEFL: schools should provide equal financial support to different courses

Tiffany Lin 3 / 5 1  
Question: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
At universities and colleges, sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I agree with the school should provide equal financial support to courses, libraries and sports, social activities. A better education system should include various courses and activity. Thus, universities showing support to different classes and area to help them develop is significant. If the school takes side with only certain area, there must be some negative effect and thus having a bad influence on school. The following are my reasons.

I think a diversely university should take care of all kinds of students with different strength. By equal financial support, students can develop their own interests. Students who are good at sport can receive the help from school. School try its best to employee a couch to train, to teach students to be a better player, athletes; students who are interested in English literature, philosophy may spend time in library reading, discussing. As a result, school should build spaces to let students discuss, so that student's abilities may enhance. My cousin already graduated from college. She sometimes talks about the lives when she was an undergraduate. Her school allows students to take class regardless of your major. So she took different courses from English literature to sports. The every class she took didn't disappoint her, because she thought the school hire the best instructor to guide the students and in each department, the resources are updated very often.

Then what happens to a university that doesn't provide equal financial support? The parts being ignored loose their resources to develop their interests, so the school may loose great students, because school doesn't pay attentions to certain students. In my country, most schools don't put a lot emphasis on sports. So, students good at sports rather than math, English will loose their confidence and eventually give up their interests. Thus, the futures of the students are ruined. Isn't it misery? Also, the parts being ignored may have negative thought to school. When the students graduate from, or leave the school, they may be harmful to the school's reputation, because their unequal experience in university. One of my friends, he is a transferred student to my school. He told me about the school he went, and what he said made me a horrible impression on the school. The school spend lots budget on facilities for college of science. However, some facilities were broken and old enough to be renew for a long time in department of physical education.

As you can see, a university that cares about the students and it's own future will try it's best to make all the students satisfy with their learning experiences at school. Students are the most important part of the school, so providing equal support to different area can show the school's sincerity.

You open your introduction with an expression of your opinion. Here you assume that the reader knows about the issue. However, it is better to introduce the issue to the reader first and then state your opinion.
Yes, as Pahan has mentioned above, I too feel you need to improve your essay structure since there are two things you need to be careful about when you take up this task. They are the contents of the essay and time. Your target should be to complete the task on time. For that you need to follow an appropriate approach that helps you meet both these requirements.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL: schools should provide equal financial support to different courses