Science Qualification in Malaysia and Singapore - IELTS Task 1

dinafayna04 5 / 7 1  
Question :
The chart below gives information about science qualifications held by people in two countries.

The bar graph informs the qualifications of people who hold a science qualification in Malaysia and Singapore. Overall, it is noticeable that a significantly low proportion of people hold science qualifications, that is Master's and Bachelor's degree in science from universities level studies. The highest percentage in both countries was the people who do not have specialization in science.

A closer looks to the data reveals that in Malaysia, people who does not have qualification in science was the highest percentage around 60 %, while scholars in Master's degree saw the lowest proportion around 3%. Bachelor's degree is the second lowest (10%), and people who leaving school exams in the second highest (35%).

A part from previous comparison, in Singapore 60% people who does not involved in science. People from universities stage in Singapore, that is Master's and Bachelor's degree have low percentage of science qualification, approximately 3% for Master's degree and Bachelor's degree obtained 20%.

• source : http://www.ielts-exam.net/academic_writing_samples_task_1/931/
Fadhilahumar91 61 / 73 6  
hi.. dina..

The bar graph informspresentthe qualificationsthe percentage of people who hold ahave science qualification in Malaysia and Singapore

Overall, it is noticeable that a the most significant fact to emerge are that significantly low proportion of people [...] who do not have specialization in science. Malaysia has the same of science qualification with Singapore in the master degree. Also, Malaysia is the largest who does not have science qualification than Singapore.

- pay attention to make interesting overall
-please re-correct again when i have some mistakes

Thank you
Hi Fayna, below are my thoughts on your analysis.

- The bar graph informsprovides information on the qualifications
- there is a significantly low proportion
- of people who hold sciencethis qualifications,
- in S cience from universitiesat a university level studies.
- The highest percentage in both countries wasare the people who

- A closer looks toat the data reveals that, in Malaysia,

- Apart ( apart - is all one word ) from previous comparison,
- in Singapore, 60% people who does not involved in science.
- People from universities stage in Singapore,
- that iswho holds a Master's and Bachelor's degree
- havehas low percentage of science qualification,

There you have it Fayna, I hope the above remarks helped and is valuable to your revision.
Faridadwi18 67 / 104 13  
Hi Dina,

- The bar graph informs the qualifications of people ...
The bar graph shows the number of the people who had science qualification and divided into 4 different groups in Malaysia and Singapore.
- In the overview do not put the lowest number as the most important highlight. you should use the highest number to attract the reader.
- In the body paragraph you should use comparative sentence, not only tell the graph one by one but also compare it.

Hopefully it helps.
bung ilham 14 / 30  
aloha Dyna, here is my suggestion for you

1st paragraph

... the qualifications of people who hold(you'd better use holding ) a science qualification in Malaysia and Singapore. Overall, itthere is noticeable that a significantly low proportion of people holds science qualifications, that ...

The highest percentage in both countries was the proportion of the people who do not havehaving specialization in science.

2nd paragraph

... Malaysia, people who does not have qualification in science waswere the highest percentage around ...
... and people who were leaving school exams in the second highest percentage (35%).
3rd paragraph
... in Singapore 60% people who does not involved in science.
... that is Master's and Bachelor's degree, have the low percentage ...

Home / Writing Feedback / Science Qualification in Malaysia and Singapore - IELTS Task 1