Science and religion cannot coexist.Write your views.

yuvly 4 / 11  
Science and religion are two different ideologies.Science is based upon what is predictable,evidences and the study of nature whereas religion deals with the ideologies passed from generations to generations derived from sacred texts.it requires belief and faith in the Supreme Being,that is God.Therefore, it can be said that the conflict between science and religion has been created by men.

Science was discovered much after religion and it was not fully accepted among religious people because it contradicted some of the theologies,for e.g. according to religion human beings came from Adam and Eve while Science contradict this theory to say that human beings come from the evolution of apes.Nonetheless,Science has helped in the evolution of men.it has enabled people to get founded proof upon the existence of the nature of things.

Theism has become less and less plausible nowaydays because science and technology has yielded to new perceptions and clearer human thoughts that has to some extent disturbed religious ideologies.However, for manny religious people, religion is an integral part of their lives as it helps them to have a standpoint in life. According to psychologists, if God didn't exist, man would have surely invented it as it is believed that it relieves fear,anxiety and frustrations by being assured of divine interventions in times of disasters. In a way,it provides the sense of certainty.

As far as the advances in science is concerned,it has enabled to unfold a plethora of answers freom prehistoric times to modern times.The strong evidences have contradicted the prevailing religious beliefs, views and opinions.Nevertheless,some fundamentalists refuse to accept scientific evidences whereas others adapt their beliefs accordingly to science evidences.it is therefore the root cause of conflict between science and religion.

Religion provides a sense of unity amongst men,for instance, in churches,they preach brotherhood.It also brings a sense of belonging in society and it establishes certain codes of conduct which bring about cooperation and cohesion in society among members.on the other hand though,it makes people more passive and obstruct creativity in men.it opposes progress and advancement unlike science which welcomes change,for e.g.religion is against abotion and contraceptions but in the world we are living,it is necessary to control birth rate so as to prevent overpopulation.

it is quite abstract and complex a doctrine yet it is still considered as ana important factor for the human survival.Why is it that people still believe in religion when science has progressed to such an extent that even artificial life is possible? well, there are certain domains which are still a mystery for scientists.Supernatural and paranormal activities still holds much mystery.therefore, people believe in both ideologies.many theists and scientists believe in both science and religion.Albert Einstein said:"science without religion is lame,religion without science is blind".this means that science and religion are mutually exclusive.

PS: I would like to elaborate more on this question on war caused by religion and war caused by science, could you help me on that please?

also i would like to know if the essay is coherent with the title. fanks!
McGregor10 4 / 20  
I would certainly say that the title suits the essay. FYI, though, according to the theory of evolution, humans DID NOT evolve from apes- that is a misconception. We evolved from a common ancestor to chimps.

As for your question regarding the scientific and religious "causes" of war, it's important to keep in mind that warfare and violence are a part of human nature (as is the need to explain the unknown, i.e., religion as you pointed out in your essay). Even if man had not "created" religion humans would still engage in warfare. In fact, chimps (our closest genetic relatives) engage in male coalitional warfare, which suggests that natural selection has favored group warfare in certain species in certain circumstances. In other words, war is not caused by religion (although it often is a front for a war) nor is it caused by science- it is part of our nature because it has solved specific adaptive problems posed in our ancestral past. So, I'm not sure how you plan on approaching the issue of war in regards to scientific and religious "causes".

One more thing, you have misinterpreted einsteins quote.

"science without religion is lame,religion without science is blind".this means that science and religion are mutually exclusive". Mutually exclusive means that they cannot simultaneously exist, but that's not what Einstein is suggesting. In fact, he is stating the contrary. Science needs morals for purpose and direction otherwise it's lame, i.e., it cannot go anywhere; religion needs science to be in touch with reality otherwise it is blind. Either find another quote or reinterpret that one.
OP yuvly 4 / 11  
thank you very much.it indeed has helped me a lot and also to interpret correctly Einstein's quote! As far as the warfare issue is concerned well, i thought that maybe because with the advent of science, man has created bombs and weapons which is to the detriment of the human race.Science is in a sense being misused!And as far as warfare in religion is concerned well, there is the misconception that usually people use religion as a reason to fight for e.g. to kind of uplift their religion but it can be just a hypothesis!

Home / Writing Feedback / Science and religion cannot coexist.Write your views.