Scientific experiments and development may cause irreversible harms on human beings and the nature

Andrewchen 1 / 1  

Governments should place few, if any, restrictions on scientific experiments and development

Response:
Some have believed that the government should not place any restrictions on scientific researches since it would thwart the advance of civility and technology, whereas the other argue that we should place some restrictions on scientific researches; otherwise, those researches may expose us in the danger. From my perspective, I tend to agree with the later for the following reasons.

Those disagreeing with my thought may argue that the government may place some unreasonable restrictions on researches only because of taking their own interests into consideration and ignoring the importance of improving human welfare. For instance, in the past, human had deeply believed that the earth is flat and the center of the universe. However, some scientists had started to proposed out that this long believed fact was flawed, which would strongly cause the Church losing their dignity. Thus, they preferred to release information-saying that they were anti-government- rather than chose to acknowledge their flaws. With this historic lesson, they believe that putting too much restrictions on scientific researches lets human being loss their rights to unravel the mysteries of the universe and the nature.

Nonetheless, could you imagine how horrible and disaster the world may become only due to our curiosities. Take nuclear experiments for example. Scientists would verify whether the ongoing model of elementary particles is compatible with what we observed by colliding two identical particles to create a new particle. However, based on Einstein's theory, which says that energy is equivalent to mass, when colliding two particles with strong energy, it would radiate out lots of harmful substances to the environment, such as X-ray, and even eventually cause an irreversible harm both on humans being and the environment. Without those restrictions on it, scientists may not conduct the experiments under adequate facilities and taking appropriate precautions to prevent such harmful substances. If now, there is an earthquake happening at that place, then it would certainly cause a catastrophe, just like the explosion of nuclear power at Russia, and expose the innocent neighbor to the environment full of harmful radiation.

What's more, with the more and more advanced technology, scientists are already able to conduct human cloning experiments. Nevertheless, this possible dream is followed with a controversial ethical issue- whether the clone enjoys the basic rights protected by our constitutes with us. If the answer is yes, can we replace our malfunctional organs with the clone only since we want to prolong our life? Additionally, if we creating out them, who are going to be responsible for their lives and behaviors? If we don't restrict such kind of experiments, it would cause a severe impact on our ethical concepts which we have long believed. In order to protect the dignity of human beings, unless we have come up with the solutions to this serious ethical problem, we have to prohibit scientists from doing cloning experiments.

In conclusion, governments should place some restrictions or even disagree to conduct such experiments for the sake of preventing causing an irreversible harms on human beings and the nature and protecting the rights of humans.
As you neglected to include the article or full opinion that you are expected to have based your discussion essay on, I will not be able to review your essay based on the GRE scoring considerations. Instead, I will just to a grammar review of your work. If you want a full review of your potential to pass this test, remember to include the discussion instructions next time.

I would like to caution you on focusing on essay length as opposed to essay quality. The longer your essay is, the more mistakes you will tend to make If you can balance your length with your writing quality, that would be great, However, based on my review of your grammar errors, it appears that you should sacrifice some length in exchange for time to perfect your essay content instead. Mid-length and clear essays will always score better than simply long essays.

Incorrect verb form:
... some scientists had started to proposed... - to propose

Clarity sometimes requires the use of simpler words:
... what we observed by colliding... - ... we saw by...
... taking appropriate precautions ... - taking proper precautions

Lack of clarity in presentation:
Additionally, if we creating out them... - if we are creating them...
who are going to be responsible for... - who will be responsible...

Avoid using words of uncertainty:
... this possible dream - this dream...

Do not use contractions in formal writing:
don't - do not

My more focused review of your work will depend upon your providing the discussion instructions next time. I am limited in reviewing your work when I do not know what the purpose for the writing it.
OP Andrewchen 1 / 1  
I think that instruction you mean is like the following- "Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/ or examples that could be used to challenge your position." Thanks for your response.

Home / Writing Feedback / Scientific experiments and development may cause irreversible harms on human beings and the nature