IELTS. Scientific research. Companies or government?

Marceline 3 / 7  
In today`s world, it is private companies rather than government who pay for and carry out most on scientific research. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?

Nowadays, more private companies play an important role in scientific studies rather than the government. As far as I am concerned, there are more advantages than disadvantages of this context.

First of all, scientific studies are by nature expensive. And it is clear that countries` budgets are limited, so they can`t spend more money on the research than they have planned. Therefore, big private companies, in comparison, can pay for the high-priced studies if their investors are willing to put up the necessary amount of money.

Moreover, if corporations carry out the scientific projects the government can deal with other problems and focus on citizen`s standards of life, education, transportation and etc.

In contrast, some may argue that it is better if the government exercises the scientific researches . One reason of this is that it is easy for the government to integrate with other countries to deal with the research.

Another reason is that the government have more resources to operate with and can import the other resources that they need, such as labour and capital. For instance, they can hire foreign scientists.

In addition, private companies can sell their studies to some dangerous organizations, like terrorist groups, that can use it as a weapon. For example, many terrorists use some new secret bombs or guns to attack people and cause terror. Therefore the government should always monitor the actions of the companies to prevent such crucial mistakes.

Taking everything into account, I think that there are more valuable arguments for the private companies to carry out the scientific studies with the control of their actions by the administration.

P.S. I use the word 'government' too often do you know a synonym for it?
- And it is clear that countries` ( "countries" doesn't need an apostrophe) budgets are limited, ...

- In contrastcontrary ( " contrast " is use to refer color or reflection) , some may argue that it is better if the government exercises the scientific researches .

Marceline, your essay is done well. A few tips from me that you may consider;

- proof reading is always good

- reading enhances your vocabulary so keep reading

- be mindful of your punctuation marks, they matter a lot to your writing too

- choice of words, make sure that you choose your words, big words will not have as much impact as you put on words that your readers will understand, this matters more.

Keep writing

Cheers!!!
thutyedaniel 32 / 38 17  
Hi @marceline

Another reason is that the government havegovernment has more resources to operate with (operate with ?) (as far as I know the preposition of operate is on or within) and can import the other resources that they need, such as labour and capital. For instance, they can hire foreign scientists (better if you explain more about your example and you should make conclusion)

note: put space in your writing

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS. Scientific research. Companies or government?