( IELTS essay) scientific researches in public sector..?

joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Private companies that support and carry out scientific researches are spending more than governments in these days. Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages. Explain and give reasons

Scientific researches are inevitable part of inventions in all fields. Both public and private sectors carry it out. The money spend by private companies are sometimes become greater than that of the government's researches. Some people feel it is a positive trend, while others oppose. I believe that, if experiments are carried out by strict norms and conditions by private companies, it will be beneficial.

To begin with, new discoveries such as new medicines, gadgets, instruments and so on make our lives more easy and comfortable. The researches, which are done by private sectors gives public more choice. If it is limited to only public sectors, very less people get an opportunity to participate in the researches and thereby few suggestions and discoveries. Besides, the infrastructure and expense needed to run a research institute is high. By promoting the private sector researches, the best results may get because their primary aim is to make more profits. For that, they will update it and trying to modify it in a better way. For instance, vaccines for deadly diseases developed by the private sectors are always try to face the competition in the market by renewing it's efficiency by proper follow up and further research.

On the other hand, private research may leads to detrimental impacts to the human kind. Lots of researches are done to release energy through nuclear technology. If technology is used for destroying human kind by making an atom bomb, the after effect will be drastic. The patency of any new invention is limited to the public company they can sell it to any body and make more profit. However, through proper norms and conditions from governments we can tackle it.

Apparently, researches in the public sector give more security and freedom to the scientists. They are free to do their research without any deadline. Their discoveries are assured to be applied for uplifting the living standard of people. The authority is not limited to a single person but can be used for the public benefit. The other side of the coin is that, governments cannot allocate more money for this sector such as good infrastructure, machineries and so on, as they have to fulfill the basic public needs. Consequently, the quality of the research may trim down and further researches may freeze to improve the quality.

To conclude, though there are some disadvantages in private scientific researches, it gives more variety of inventions. Hence, I personally think that the advantages overweigh the disadvantages and should be encouraged.
Both public and private sectors carryitthem out.

.... In the previous sentence you have used the plural form and therefore you need to maintain the same form. My suggestion;
Both public and private sectors are engaged in research work.

The money spend by private companies

The money spent by private companies

The money spend by private companies are sometimes become greater than that ofwhat is spent by the government'sgovernment on researches.

if experiments

.... experiment and research have a vast difference in their respective meanings. "experiment" has a too narrow meaning when compared to "research". I'd suggest you to go by the same word "research".
OP joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai Dumi..

Thanks a lot...

Tessy.
Hi :)
Hey be careful.... I noticed you are getting suspended time to time. Be careful when providing comments, because if you provide very short comments like "thank you" sort of , you may get caught to "meaningless comments"

Any way.... I'm glad you are here. When is your exam?
Wish you good luck with it! :D
colin 23 / 48 15  
You are working so hard that you have produced so many essays. However, there may be the problems of pronouns in your essays.
You may need to be concise and succinct in all descriptions and avoid using pronouns whenever possible.

Apart from that, as Dumi say, you tend to provide meaningless comments, which may not help with your writing.

The money spend by private companies are sometimes become greater than that of the government's researches.
==>>The money spent by private companies are sometimes become greater than that of the government's researches.

I believe that, if experiments are carried out by strict norms and conditions by private companies, it will be beneficial.
==>>I believe that if experiments are carried out according to regulations by private companies, the researches will produce good outcomes.

If it is limited to only public sectors, very less people get an opportunity to participate in the researches and thereby few suggestions and discoveries.

==>>If it is limited to only public sectors, few people could obtain an opportunity to participate in researches..
OP joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai Dumi...

Thanks for your clarification...
I was realy wondered what it did...

exam will be according to my leave. now i am in K.S.A.

Thanks for your support....

THANKS...
Tessy.

Home / Writing Feedback / ( IELTS essay) scientific researches in public sector..?