SAT essay! Where do I see myself when I am 22. Need grammar help.

MLE27 2 / 2  
The prompt is: Where would you like to be (in your life) when you're 22? How do you plan to reach your goals?

Any grammar or sentance structure help would be great! Any feed back about what I need to work on is appreciated. Thanks!! :)

When I am Twenty-two years old

When I set goals nothing can stop me from conquering them. I know God will bless
me and be with me every step of my life. When I am twenty-two I will be in graduate
school. I will be working toward my goal of becoming a chiropractor. The plan is to have
a steady job and be able to support myself. My apartment will consist of me living on
my own for part of my life. As dogs are a huge part of my life I will have at least two
dogs of my own.

In six years God will still be my father guiding me through every step of my life. I will
have a strong independent relationship with him. No matter what I do, I will be doing it
for God and because of him. I will be of use to him for his will in any way possible. His
love and grace have me believing I will be doing big things for him. Striving to know
him better every day and witness to others the power of my God. With everything God
has done for me and brought me through I hope to be able to help others see how
strong he is. In six years my love and faith in God will be stronger than it ever has. No
matter what I am surrounded with, or taught, He will be my everything, my only leader,
and above everything the only truth. I will show God's love no matter where I am in my
life at twenty-two years old. He will still be my strongest point, and closest
relationship. He will be who I walk with, and who carries me when I fall. I am looking
forward to being in college and standing firm in my relationship with him.

After having graduated from either **** or **** I will be in my first year of
graduate school. For my career goal, I will be in school to become a chiropractor. Not
every college has a chiropractic program; It is only chiropractic schools that do. I will be
at one of the twenty-one schools in the country for chiropractic schooling. I see myself
in Florida, South Carolina, or Georgia because those schools are closest to my home.
When I am twenty-two I will be on the way to my graduates degree in the chiropractic work
field.

Having an apartment on my own, living independently as a twenty-two year old
woman is my goal. This will help me learn to take care of myself, my own place, and
learn who I am. I really want to learn responsibility by myself before having roommates
or getting married. I would like to live on my own for confidence in myself, and my
strength in God to grow.

In the time of going to college and having an apartment I will have a steady job.
Chiropractic school and an apartment are both big expenses. I will be working as often
as I can to pay for my schooling and home. God will make ways for all of it to work
out, and get me through any hard years.

In my college life I will carry my love for dogs with me. I will be having at least two
dogs on my own. Seeing how much I love straight racing, I am sure I will do some of it
here and there in college. With the fact that I have grown up training dogs, I will be
making that an extra hobby and side job when I am in college.

No matter what happens, I will make it to my goals. I will have God with me through
everything. I will be getting my graduated degree in the chiropractic work field. God will
provide me with a job for all my expenses. I will be living on my own in an apartment. As
well as living on my own, I will own two dogs. And this is where I see myself when I am
twenty two years old.
student123 4 / 13  
When I am twenty-two I will be in graduate school, working toward my goal of becoming a chiropractor. The plan is to have a steady job and support myself. My apartment will consist of me living on my own for part of my life with at least two dogs, for they are a big part of my life.

try to vary your sentences with commas and dashes. If you have a short sentence proceed by a few longer ones.
OP MLE27 2 / 2  
Ok, Thank you :) I will do that.
As dogs are a huge part of my life I will have at least two
dogs of my own. --This sentence is a random way to end the first paragraph.

Each paragraph = a different idea. The first and last sentence of each paragraph can sometimes succinctly express that idea that the paragraph represents. A paragraph that lists all these goals should end with a sentence that sums them up or draws a conclusion... something that expresses the main idea.

In the first paragraph, the main idea of the paragraph usually is the main idea of the essay.

I will be getting my graduated graduate degree in the field of chiropractic medicine. work field.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / SAT essay! Where do I see myself when I am 22. Need grammar help.