IELTS: Select 3 effective media and write about their effectiveness

winny239 1 / -  
Topic:
select 3 effective media.
- comics
- books
- radio
- television
- film
- theatre
Write at least 250 words.
The media are a catch-all term is that refer to any activity that involves relaxation and entertainment, for example, the TV programs are broadcasted almost all day in everywhere. The dramatic increase in digital media in recent years has sparked controversy that the digital media are replacing the traditonal media, some people suggested that reading is not important. This notion should be rejected as one can see many facts-in of this importance of books, reading is one of three effective media besides TV and film.

The first reason why books are important is rooted in the fact that they are one of the oldest and most traditional method to save knowledge of the world. With the reader, reading not only a habit but also a passion, they share a view that love is a necessary condition for understanding books. Although books are quite small can easy bring it go anywhere, they almost are not get updated with the latest information so that they become lagged behind others media.

Another very effective media is TV. Firstly, they are assessed as the most accurate and quickest media. They are provide for people all of the alternatives in the world, just seating in front of TV we can see anything happening across the globe. Undeniably, TV is a attractive media to people at all of ages from children, middle-aged to old-aged, because graphics are very vivid. It helps audiencies easy wider their knowledge in many fields. However, sometime differences in social background, cultural values and religious belief might make misunderstanding of audiences between countries.

Final, films are estimated as a media's useful tool describe the life. A lot of films are built upon real life, for example, when we watch " Chi Dau " we can understand about rough time in history, in which poor people do anything they can to survive. In the initial stage, making film seemed very careful but over time, with much quick alternatives, quanlity of films are decreasing. The situation is even worse in Vietnam, a developing country, where little money is available for making film and it is hard to see a good films.

According to the above analysis, we can see that the media are very important in our life. Alternatively, one should recognise importance in improving mutual understanding between countries.
shinichi75 5 / 14 4  
they almost are not get updated with the latest information so that they become lagged behind others media.

...I think you got some misunderstanding about the meaning of so that. This is a very common mistake of Vietnamese...I guess (:

It helps audienciesaudiences easy wider their knowledge in many fields.

... I think you should write this sentence in this way: ... easily widen their knowledge...
The media are a catch-all term is that refer to any activity that involves relaxation and entertainment, for example, the TV programs are broadcasted almost all day in everywhere.

....
The media is a "catch-all" term which caters to any type of activity whether it involves current news, entertainment, politics, education etc.

The first reason why books are important is rooted in the fact that they are one of the oldest and most traditional methods to save knowledge of the world.

The first reason as to why books are an important is due to the fact that they are one of the oldest and most traditional methods that had been used to transmit knowledge from generations to generations.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Select 3 effective media and write about their effectiveness