IELTS TASK 2 : Sense of community within the apartment dwellers

ichatea07 27 / 24 10  
Some people say that living in a high-rise apartment block is a lonely experience because there is no community spirit. Others say that people who live in high-rise apartments have a much better sense of community than those who live in houses.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Several people believe that dwelling inside a flat incurs loneliness due to the unavailability of community spirit, whilst others argue that living in a high-rise flat can enhance better sense of community of its residents compared to house residents. This essay will discuss both viewpoints.

In any case, dwelling in an apartment has a capability to build good relationship amongst neighbourhood for several reasons. To begin, one's apartment to others' apartment has a very close distance which allows a person to meet neighbours easily. For example, when one owner cooks a meal, she can share with people who live next to her place. Besides, high-rise flat contain a lot of households who use the same available facilities. This happens, for instance, to the use of a swimming pool, so no body will feel different with their neighbours. These can improve their feeling of similarity to others.

By contrast, I realise that the feeling of isolation could be easily experienced by those who are more engaged on living in a flat. Many disadvantages can threat a neighbourhood. Firstly, the difference of personal characteristic is potential to cause bad relationship amongst apartment owners. To illustrate, one dweller is a person who dislikes crowded. Because his place is close to others, when another person is playing a high volume music, he could immediately stop it by claiming the rights of comfort. Secondly, the building design, which keeps residents' privacy perfectly, limits a dweller to see their neighbours' doing. Thus, people are reluctant to invite neighbours due to always-closed doors.

To conclude, while some see possibilities of good neighbourhood from living in a flat, I argue that less sense of community will emerge if people reside with that way. Therefore, all residents should consider carefully about a place to live.
Several people believe that dwelling LIVING inside a flat incurs CREATES loneliness due to the unavailability of community spirit, . whilst WHILE others argue that living in a high-rise flat can enhance CREATE A better sense of community of FOR its residents compared to house residents. This essay will discuss both viewpoints.

In any case, dwelling LIVING in an apartment has a capability OFFERS THE RESIDENTS AN OPPORTUNITY to build good relationshipS amongst neighbourS hood for several reasons. To begin, one's apartment to others' EACH PERSON'S apartment has a very close distance which allows a person to meet neighbours easily. For example, when one owner cooks a meal, she can share with people who live next to her place. Besides, high-rise flatS contain a lot of households who use the same available facilities. This happens, for FOR instance, to the use of a THE swimming pool, so no body will feel different with FROM their neighbours. These can improve their feeling of similarity to others.

By contrast, I realise that the feeling of isolation could be easily experienced by those who are more engaged on IN living in a flat. Many disadvantages can threatEN a neighbourhood. Firstly, the difference of BETWEEN personal characteristicS is A potential to cause OF bad relationship amongst apartment owners. To illustrate, one dweller is a person who dislikes crowdSed . Because his place is close to others, when another person is playing a high volume music, he could immediately stop it by claiming the rights of comfort. Secondly, the building design, which keeps THE residents' 'S privacy perfectly, limits a dweller to see FROM SEEING WHAT their neighbours' IS doing. Thus, people are reluctant to invite neighbours due to always-closed doors.

To conclude, while some see possibilities of A good neighbourhood from living in a flat, I argue that less sense of community will emerge if people reside with that way. Therefore, all residents should consider carefully about a place to live WHERE THEY PLAN TO LIVE.

I did not correct your spelling of some words because you may be using the British spelling since this is for an IELTS test.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2 : Sense of community within the apartment dwellers