The sense of competition in children - Writing Task 2 Academic

So Ri 1 / 2  
Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to cooperate rather than compete become more useful adults.

Discuss both views.

That children ought to be encouraged to raise the competition sense is often believed by some while others think that instead of competing, children should cooperate to be more helpful people when growing up. From my perspective, both arguments have validity but I would take a much favourable view of the latter.

The sense of competition which is improved during the age of children could bring them some assets. Competition among children in an educational environment could make better progress in their academic record. When students in the same class compete together to get the first rank, the desire and motivation to obtain achievements could be easily enhanced. As a result, it makes children more dedicated to their work, which gradually creates the personality of a successful adult. Furthermore, a sense of self-awareness could be raised in children because, during competition, people could explore their strengths and improve their self-confidence.

On the other hand, cooperation is considered to be more important than competition in children raising for some reasons. Because people could not survive without a community, cooperating among children could help build and strengthen the relationships with their friends and the people around them. Cooperation is also one of the most essential qualifications in teamwork activities. For example, when children participate in a football match which is a kind of collaborative sport, they could reinforce the relationship and unity among their team players, which enhances the skills of working colleagues and living in harmony in the society.

Although competition and cooperation in children teaching are both important, they ought to be taught to work collaboratively. This is not only beneficial during childhood but also essential in building necessary skills for children to become helpful adults. In my opinion, both parents and educators should pay more attention to encourage children to cooperate.
Discuss both views AND give your personal opinion. The discuss both views aspect is separate from the personal opinion. The requirement for this analysis essay is a consideration of what makes both sides valid, based on a public perception. Public perceptions should be clearly discussed from an outsiders point of view through the use of proper third person pronouns. First explain why the public supports this opinion, then, using first person pronouns, offer an opinion based on a support or non-supporting explanation. The writer's opinion should only be created after careful consideration of both sides. There is a misconception that there is a right or wrong opinion to support in this presentation. That is incorrect. There is only the writer's opinion. Which is why it is best to offer an opinion for each public perspective, showing a non-bias discussion approach to both opinions.

This presentation is based on discuss both views from the writer's perspective rather than the public opinion + personal opinion discussion format. Due to differeing response formats, the writer will not be able to get maximum scoring consideration.

Home / Writing Feedback / The sense of competition in children - Writing Task 2 Academic