Sentence Outline- Top 7 Steps To Make Your IoT More Secure

nezumi 1 / -  

TOP 7 STEPS TO MAKE YOUR INTERNET OF THINGS MORE SECURE

I.INTRODUCTION

The Internet of Things or IoT is a favorite topic in the Information Technology industry. Miniaturization, cost, and the "maker" community are driving the use of small, low-cost computing devices in software, hardware, industrial and home use cases.

A.The expanding number of devices connected to private and public networks is changing the way those information technology professionals look at the scale of these systems.

B.How these devices will interact with each other, existing systems, and people will affect how companies do business as well the daily lives of consumers.

II.THE FIRST STEP YOU CAN TAKE IS TO CONTROL OF THE NETWORK.

A.If you isolate the network that your IoT devices reside you can limit your exposure to infection and intrusion.
B.One method you can use to control IoT network access to limit IoT devices to their own network segment. Only devices that need to contact each other directly should be able to communicate.

C.Always use an intermediary when allowing devices to communicate.

III.THE SECOND STEP IS TO SECURE THE COMMUNICATION.

A.Place your IoT devices on their own network.
B.Remove connectivity to the rest of the connected personal devices in your home.

IV.THE THIRD STEP IS TO GUARANTEE THE RECIPIENT OF THE COMMUNICATION THROUGH CERTIFICATES.

A.A certificate is the guarantee of secure connectivity to an individual device.
B.Certificates are the foundation of secure communication.

V.THE FOURTH STEP IS TO ENSURE AN UPDATE PATH FOR THE LOCAL DEVICE SOFTWARE.

A.Open source software allows many people to ensure the quality of code.
B.Small but significant contributions can increase the iterations of software.

VI.THE FIFTH STEP IS TO WHITELIST DEVICE INBOUND COMMUNICATION.

A.Rather than allowing any communication, restrict commication to specific commands and valid data entries.
B.An example includes a light only having the ability to communicate with other lights in the same ecosystem.

VII.THE SIXTH STEP IS TO WHITELIST DEVICE OUTBOUND COMMUNICATION.

A.The IoT devices should be limited through proxy to prevent aces to external resources. This limits the ability to act aggressively against outside devices and to prevent personal data leakage.

B.Ensure limits on the types of external data transmitted.

VIII.THE SEVENTH STEP IS TO TREAT THE IOT DEVICES AS UNTRUSTED.

A.Do not allow unrestricted communication and access to IoT devices.
B.Prevent data transmission between unrelated devices.

IX.REGARDLESS OF COMMERCIAL OR HOME BASED IOT, THESE STEPS WILL REDUCE THE POSSIBILITY OF SECURITY THREATS.

A.Security is the baseline required to make IoT usable before we can relinquish control of our homes and offices.
B.With these concrete steps, IoT can reach the security threshold to balance security and flexibility.
Roy, your steps 2 and 3 are redundant. If you read the outlines very well, you will discover that you merely restated the same information in different methods twice. It does not add new information nor expand upon the previous information. You may want to rethink that part of the outline to offer some other information related to the security of the IoT. The topics that you have outline for discussion in the 4th to last outline are better suited for the discussion and avoids redundancies. So those paragraphs can be developed in your research with more efficiency than numbers 2 and 3. The information is delivered in a clear and understandable manner at this point. It is not so technical that only computer experts can understand what you are saying. It is understandable to even those with a limited computer background. Anybody who has a computer or an android phone will understand what the essay is about.

Home / Writing Feedback / Sentence Outline- Top 7 Steps To Make Your IoT More Secure