Is serving community with no financial benefits necessary for students in high schools?

Cruella 7 / - 5  
Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighborhood or teaching sports to younger children).

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some people claim that serving community with no financial benefit is necessary for students in high schools, so it should be forced to do. From my perspective, it is completely true that community services is important; however, to compel high school students to do these activities is unjustified.

On the one hand, the advantages of unpaid social service are undeniable. These activities would instil a sense of society into students, culminating the sympathy for other people in their neighborhood. For example, students who participate in taking care of the elders in nursing homes would understand difficulty that old people have to face in their daily life, so they would also feel sympathetic with those old people. Moreover, taking part in non benefit community services is useful activities for students in their free time, which discourage them from harmful recreations. Therefore, this could reduce the proportion of crime among young people.

On the other hand, it is unjustified to make unpaid social services compulsory. First of all, children who are forced to do these activities would not have enthusiasm toward their work, so they could not work effectively. For instance, if students are compelled to clean their neighborhood, they might do this carelessly so as they could complete their tasks as soon as possible; therefore, there is no area improvement made. Furthermore, students have many other activities to participate in besides serving community, ranging from self-study to paid jobs to spending time with their families. That children are involved in some kind of part time jobs to earn money and gain work experience supports their current lives as well as their future career, which is totally helpful for them.

To sum up, in my view, to support community through free financial services is an action students should take to dedicate to society; nonetheless, to make it a compulsory curriculum for high school students is unreasonable. Governments should conduct programs in an educational endeavour to call for students' consciousness about society instead.
broibra 17 / 19 3  
Hi, let me try to give you some suggestion for this writing.

it is completely true that community services isare important; however...

... would not have enthusiasm toward their work,the enthusiasm to their work so they could not work effectively.

... to paid jobs to spendingspend time with their families. That children arechild is involved in some kind of part time ...

Home / Writing Feedback / Is serving community with no financial benefits necessary for students in high schools?