Several short breaks v.s long break in schools

KathyLala 20 / 116  
Hi all! please take your time to comment, edit, and revise my essay. I really need help to improve my writing. Thanks!
Topic: schools should give several short breaks throughout the year or long summer vacation to students, which one you prefer? support your answer.

We students are often looking forward to seeing summer; it can be a time for older students to work summer jobs for earning extra money, and younger students may enjoy their countless desired activities. However, different schools have different lengths of day off. Many schools offer students a traditional summer, which is almost three months off, while a few schools give students several short breaks throughout the year. They reason that those breaks would release students better from schoolwork overwhelming. Although the two policies provide students equal days of absence, I prefer long summer vacation because of its greater benefits to students and their parents as well.

Not so many parents can afford for several vacations throughout the year because of the high costs of air faire, game tickets, and food- these are the basis needs of an ordinary vacation. Some opponents contradict that a picnic day at the park doesn't cost a penny. This observation is quite true at some point. Nonetheless, working parents do not have as many breaks as their children do. In fact, some employers do not offer vacation days to their employees. Spare time for those workers is available only when they are caught in an illness. For working parents with younger children, school-in-break is a burden because they have to think about where to send these kids. Often that daycare center is a solution with extra charge because of short-time enrollment.

Supporters of "short break", then, claim that staying home short time helps students memorize better of previous learning after they come back to school. However, long vacation doesn't mean sleeping, eating, and playing for almost three months. Indeed, the vacationers would take this precious time to register in some vocational or hobby classes that haven't offered yet in their school such as soap opera, karate, or movie acting. These class sessions require at least four to eight weeks completing whereas short break is not provided enough time; as a result, long vacation contributes students a substantial time to enhance their recreation and to balance out their schoolwork. Also, this is a chance for financial independents to work for extra income; hence, summer for those people is necessary rather than preferable.

Moreover, many exchanged students learn in the U.S schools are coming from different countries in the world. So do abroad students. Traditional summer is a great occasion for them to visit family and relatives in their hometown. It gives them a full relaxation and dramatic family reunion. What is more important is that long break reduces the number of absences when schools are resumed. Many students in short-break policy schools are forced to miss their attendant because there isn't enough time for them to travel in and out the nation within a week. Some students are lucky enough to have their family closer distance; yet, they still exhaust and perform poorly at school because they do not get enough rest during their off days.

Students nowadays are likely busier than students of a few decades ago. Perhaps students in the modern's day have to catch up so much information at the same time; therefore, finding an adequate time to balance out schoolwork is crucial to their life. Consequently, long summer vacation allows students to step out their ordinary school's days and to enter an adventurous time with full of enjoyment and relaxation, which contribute a great deal to academic success.
Not so many parents can afford several vacations throughout the year because of the high costs of air fare, game tickets, and food. These are the basis needs ...

Supporters of "short break", then, claim that staying home for a short time helps students memorize better of previous learning after internalize the information they learned in the weeks prior to the vacation.

Also, this is a chance for financial independence as students work for extra income; hence, summer for those people is necessary rather than preferable.

Moreover, many exchanged exchange students learn in the U.S schools are coming from ...

Some students are lucky enough to have their family closer; yet, they still feel exhausted and perform poorly at school because they do not get enough rest during their off days.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Several short breaks v.s long break in schools