There are several ways of transport with different CO2 emissions (measured in kilograms). IELTS

ryan31 65 / 96 15  
IELTS WRITING TASK 1 : PRACTICE

please give me corrections

The table and the bar chart below give information about travelling to work in Houston, Texas.
summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The table gives information about percentage of guest per unite of transport and average age of travellers with four methods to work in Houston, Texas. At the same time, the bar chart shows there are several ways of transport with different usage of CO2 emissions and is measured in kilograms.

According to the table, there are four methods which is be used by travellers such as using car with one person, car with passengers, ride a bike or walk, and public transport. The majority tourists is using self driver to work at 48% and the last rank experienced by usage cycle. In addition, the oldest age of travellers using public transport such as bus or train approximately at 47 years old, while the youngest prefer to walk than using vehicle with average 39 years old.

On the other hand, every method of transport release different CO2 emissions, except usage bike or walk. The highest CO2 emissions occurs for self driver which can reach 0.32 kilograms per person every kilometre. Furthermore, using car with passengers takes in the second place approximately 0.07 kilograms per person per kilometre. The last one is using public transport with very small number proportion.

Overall, self driver is not only the highest percentage, but also causes the most pollution. Unfortunately, tourists are rarely using bike or walk to work, whereas this method is not give an pollution.

PHA2016 39 / 62 4  
Hello Ryan31,

firstly, I think you spent more word at writing task 1. you wrote approximatel 262 that it should be write down in Task 2. for your information, Writing task 1 just needed at least 150 words.

Then,

... different usage of CO2 emissions and which is measured in kilograms.

... four methods which is be used by travellers such as using [a ] car with one person,...

The majority tourists is using self driver to work at ...

... using public transport[ation ] such as bus or train approximately ...

... every method of transport released different CO2 emissions...

i hope these help

Home / Writing Feedback / There are several ways of transport with different CO2 emissions (measured in kilograms). IELTS