Sharing an apartment with roommates is much better; cheaper, saves the time and it's less depressing

norman97 1 / 1  
TOEFL writing question 2, need help my test is next week and I want to know what is my writing level

the question is: do you prefer to live alone or with roommates?

University is a major part of our lives, it's where we decide what our future is going to look like. It's where most of the people who had, or will have, the chance to attend it will experience some of the most memorable parts of their life's. When it comes to living in the university, a lot of student's think that living alone in a one-bedroom apartment is most ideal thing to do. In my opinion, I presuppose that living with a roommate is better because of the following reasons.

First, living with roommates will be less expensive since you're sharing the apartment rent and split the grocery bill with them. for instance, when I was a freshman back in the University of Texas A&M in Kingsville, I remember one of my roommates he was senior back then, and he explained to me that back when he was junior, he used to live by himself in a one-bedroom apartment. He told me that he used to spend almost double comparing to what he is spending now. Due to the high price, he had to work a full-time job and that the job was taking most of his time. He states that studying and working were overwhelming for him. He decided that the following semester he's going to live with roommates because one of his friend's advised him that by sharing an apartment he could save a lot of money.

Second, living by yourself could be way much more depressing than living with a room-mates. I am almost certain that most of the students are going to experience difficult moments at least once in their life while are they in their university; for instance, if they fail a class or they end their unsuccessful relationship with their loved ones or other types of heartbreaking problems could be really difficult to endure. Going through all of this by themselves can be really harsh. For example, when I was a freshman in TAMUK university, I was majoring in binomial science, back then in order for me to pass my freshman year I had registered for biology class. Unfortunately, I failed in that class which made me really depressed. Talking to my roommates about it really helped me go through this unfortunate moment, which later made me feel so encouraged that I decided to take the same class again the following semester. When I took it for the second time I was able to pass the class with ease. I am sure that if I didn't have my roommates helping me go through all of this, things could've been much worse. I could've never took the same class again which could delay my graduation date, leading me to spend more money and time.

To sum this up, sharing an apartment with roommates is much better than living alone. First it's going to be less expensive, which will save you time and money and second it's much less depressing if you live with roommates. Sharing an apartment is really something that every student should really consider doing.
Samuelsam123 12 / 46 20  
Hey Norman,

First of all, good job on your essay, but allow me do make some recommendations.

F or instance
I would suggest a improvement of your tenses
high- Extravagant
living by yourself could be way much more depressing than living with a room-mates.

"way"="much" , so I would suggest you keeping just one of them.

" experience difficult moments " - up and downs

they end their unsuccessful relationship with their loved ones or other types of heartbreaking problems
relationship unsuccessfully
situations

helped me go through this unfortunate moment
Pull through ( it sounds better and enhances the feeling given)
much less depressingif you live with roommates
"lonely" would be a better word

This essay is simple and easy to understood, but I don't think that if would have a good grade, I do suggest you to read up more. Your examples are good.

Here are some links : college.usatoday.com/2013/07/22/which-type-of-dorm-is-best-for-you/
OP norman97 1 / 1  
Thank you @ Samuelsam123 for your suggestions, it's definitely going to help me.
if you have any other suggestions or any resources that might help me with the TOEFl exam please feel free to share them with me.

Home / Writing Feedback / Sharing an apartment with roommates is much better; cheaper, saves the time and it's less depressing