Sharing confidential information for free and for everyone?

dimasnrw 1 / -  
Some people believe that it is good to share as much information as possible in scientific research, business and the academic world. Others believe that some information is too important or too valuable to be shared freely.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

the power of information

Huge amount of information is shared every day in this digital era. Majority of the information can be accessed freely from the internet. However, several information in scientific research, business and academic world are restricted or can be obtained by paying some amount of money. While some people arguing whether the information on those aspect should be shared freely or not, I personally believe that some of the information on scientific study, academic sector and business can be disadvantageous if shared freely.

To begin with, basic academic information that could help students from kindergarten to senior high school should be on internet and can be gathered freely by students. It is not a problem since majority of the basic information in academic aspect is already known for a long time and implemented by human beings. Moreover, information regarding business aspect also beneficial if it is shared to people who are willing to start their own business. Various tips and tricks from experienced business persons on facing business problems could be extremely useful for the newbies.

On the contrary, scientific researches which have been created by researchers in recent years can be disadvantageous if it is shared freely on the internet. After all, the scientific report is the result of researchers' effort that sacrificing their mind, energy and time. Therefore, it is unethical if everyone on the internet can access the information. However, if college students want access the information, they could buy the scientific report, or their universities should pay the cost of the paper. Furthermore, business information such as company's confidential data also should not be opened to public since it can destroy the company.

In conclusion, basic information that already used for centuries by human beings should be opened to help students and new business persons. On the other hand, information that could be detrimental for scientist if shared freely and could destroy a company should not be opened to public.
Alao0702 8 / 14  
I'd suggest that you should work more on your third paragraph. Try to make your points on the detriment behind sharing important scientific researches freely to the public as lucid as possible. Moreover try to watch out for the omission of important tenses( such as are, is, was, etc

Good luck
fadlanmuzakki 15 / 49 36  
Huge amount of information is shared every day in this digital era. .....

this is good introduction paragraph for beginning however it is important to make an interesting introductory paragraph so as to impress the reader (examiner)

I personally believe

= it is better to use = I firmly believe or I strongly believe

Home / Writing Feedback / Sharing confidential information for free and for everyone?