Short essay about capital punishment - 'should be canceled'

silentheart 1 / 1  
Capital punishment
Capital punishment became a controversial issue lately, and it is a big debate in the world the debate of capital punishment has two sides the people who argue for capital punishment the people who argue against capital punishment. The side that I choose is the second one, which the people who argue against capital punishment. I choose it for two reasons the first reason is about the miscarriage of justice the second reason is that there are many various reasons.

I'm arguing against capital punishment because of the possibility that we could put on innocent people to death. If we keep them in prison, at least we can release them when we realize there was a mistake. We can release them from prison, but not from the grave. When we kill or execute someone or a criminal that means we did the same thing that the criminal did. The life and death is up to God, and we don't have the right to take others' life. In addition, if someone innocent in the prison that means he didn't murder or kill someone in the prison, they will torture him to say the truth but he is innocent, so he will say that I murdered someone but he didn't he said that under the torture therefore they will put him in the jail. And if there is a murder when they will torture him he will lay and he will afford in order to not stay in the prison.

Capital punishment doesn't deter violent crime rates or terrify people who want to commit crime. If someone is going to commit a crime, he will do it with or without capital punishment. Also, crime rates are consistently higher in capital punishment. Capital punishment doesn't feel people the pain that criminals caused to the family of the murder. In addition, the prison could change people's behavior and let criminals realize their mistake and don't let them do the wrong again. Criminals will take a lesson from the prison and never murder again. Moreover, the cost of execution is higher than living in prison because of the complicated legal process. There is a quote says, "Two wrong don't make a right''. That means we can't solve the mistake by a mistake. In addition, using the tool of execution such as hanging, electric chair is conceder like revenge. Furthermore, some people at a moment of anger, under the effect of alcohol, is having the mental problems, understanding murdered people. Finally, I'm a catholic person and in my religion beliefs, the Lord says forgives, so we have to forgive people even criminals.

In conclusion, according to the different reasons capital punishment should be canceled.
TimMill 9 / 63  
Hello Silent Heart. Welcome to EssayForum!

In general, it is a good idea to post the prompt and any guidelines you have with your essay, so that we might better correct it.
OP silentheart 1 / 1  
thanks Mr. Tim for your help...
Tim, you are a hero; you did a great edit. Here is my suggestion for the first part:

Capital punishment became a controversial issue lately, and it is a big debate in the world. The debate of capital punishment has two sides: the people who argue in favor of capital punishment and the people who argue against capital punishment.

Home / Writing Feedback / Short essay about capital punishment - 'should be canceled'