My shoulder and my friend - journal writing

eastspringkim 3 / 7  
Unfortunately, since yesterday my shoulder has not appropriately operated, which means that whenever I try to use my shoulder to grab or pull something to me, I feel a nasty pain. The pain goes far beyond my expectation; it led me to oversleeping. So, I will focus only on restoring my shoulder, rather than exercising.

I got a phone call last night from my friend while having dinner. She told me that she wanted to come see me as soon as possible, and she wished to stay away from her current complexities. I wish she could come today since I also would like to get away from what I am doing and rationally stare at myself from a far distance. Somebody says that we should feel fun and satisfied with whatever we do and have it as the main job, if possible. I know that is very true and used to inspire me, yet I found it horribly difficult to keep it in mind: it might help people achieve and become satisfied with themselves, but not applicable to me. Sometimes, when I do not feel satisfied with what I do, I always criticize me for not feeling satisfied with me. There was the rub: The attempt that I tried to feel happy with undermines and harms myself. Could it be a good way to apply to me? No way. I found a medicine that perfectly works for me - it is widely known way: it is to chant 'thank you for ~ ~' throughout the day whenever it comes up to me, no matter what. I can fill the blank with food, clothes, friends, appearance, weather and so on and on. The blank can be filled with bad circumstances: fear, tiredness, difficulty, or whatever. By chanting this sentence we can offset and phase out fear, tiredness, difficulty and so forth and so on because it no longer harasses me as long as it is a source to thank for.

Thank you for your help in advance!
I am not turning it in to anybody, it is just my personal English writing practice.
I wish to be corrected and wish to have a feedback about mistakes or grammartical errors.
BlackCanary 1 / 1  
I am not great at correcting grammar but I do have a suggestion. The introduction sounds slightly off. In the first sentence '...appropriately operated' sounds awkward to me so I would change it to something like this:

I have not fully recovered from the incident yesterday. When I attempt to reach for an item, I feel a nasty pain in my shoulder.
susu 1 / 2  
Since yesterday my shoulder has been appropriately operating, which means that whenever I try to use my shoulder to grab or pull something to me, I feel a nasty pain. The pain goes far beyond my expectation; it has led me to oversleeping. So, I will focus only on restoring my shoulder, rather than exercising.

I revised your intro a little.

I got a phone call last night from my friend while having dinner. She told me that she wanted to come see me as soon as possible, and she wished to stay away from her current complexities.

maybe explain some of the complexities in a sentence or so?

I wish she could come today since I also would like to get away from what I am doing and rationally stare at myself from a far distance. Someone one said that we should feel fun and satisfied with whatever we do and have it as the main job, if possible. I know that is very true and it used to inspire me, yet I found it horribly difficult to keep it in mind: it might help people achieve and become satisfied with themselves, but not applicable to me.

That is a run on sentence, try breaking it up.
Sometimes, when I do not feel satisfied with what I do, I always criticize me for not feeling satisfied with myself . There was the rub: The attempt that I tried to feel happy with undermines and harms myself. Could it be a good way to apply to me? No way. I found a medicine that perfectly works for me - it is widely known way: it is to chant 'thank you for ___' throughout the day whenever it comes up to me, no matter what. I can fill the blank with food, clothes, friends, appearance, weather and so on and on. The blank can be filled with bad circumstances: fear, tiredness, difficulty, or whatever. By chanting this sentence we can offset and phase out fear, tiredness, difficulty and so forth and so on because it no longer harasses me as long as it is a source to thank for.

I think its great your write for yourself too and not just for assignments.

Home / Writing Feedback / My shoulder and my friend - journal writing