Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS Task - showing that learning a foreign language already at primary school is more beneficial

Mainakano 1 / -  
Topic: Some experts believe that is better for children to begin learning foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.
Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

My essay:

In society today, developing transportation and telecommunications brings the needs for acquiring a foreign language to communicate with people from over the world. Some experts think the way of beginning to study a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school is better for children.

There are some advantages to learn a foreign language at early ages. First, children can learn something easily by comparing adults. Their brains often absorb lots of things as they are growing up. For example, sometimes the speed of children learning sports is faster than that of adults.

Secondly, primary schools have enough chance to take classes which has various activities for a foreign language. The number of classes including activities such as games tend to decrease in secondary school. Also freshness of activities might decline as children get older.

The third advantage is that most of children don't have fixed idea for something. As people get older they have some feelings such as embarrassment and fear to learn another languages especially speaking public to care about their failure. This kind of thoughts lead to prevent them learning it.

Contrary, such programmes might be confusing for primary school students because at the early stage which their native language has not developed completely children could not distinguish a foreign language. For instance some people who are half Japanese and American and learning both languages confuse their languages.

Looking at overall, I believe the good points of learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school outweigh the bad ones of that.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task - showing that learning a foreign language already at primary school is more beneficial