Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

"Siblings vs. Friends" (from college English writing class)

Truong 1 / -  
Please proofread this essay. I really want to improve my writing skill.

Forever Friend

"A sister is a forever friend." This common saying compares a sibling and a friend who make truly important part of people's life. It also tells a truth that for many people, a sibling is also a friend. If fact, a sibling and a friend can have a lot of thing in common; however, a sibling tend to have more influence to a person. A sibling usually shares more time, has more things in common with you than a friend. Besides, their love for you and their relationship with you is substantially different from your friends'.

A sibling and a friend both share a lot of time with you but in different amount. A friend can accompany you in a lot of activities like chatting and going to amusement parks with you. Similarly, a sibling can go shopping or spend time talking with you. But because your sibling lives in the same home with you, he or she is likely to share a more time with you in everyday life than your friend. A sibling can have meal or watch television with you every day, while are a friend normally can just do this occasionally. In fact, a sibling might share a lot more time and memories with you and therefore influence you more than you imagine.

A sibling tends to have more things in common with you. A friend is usually someone who is compatible to you who has a same hobby or a same favorite idol with you and so on. But because of the genetic cause, a sibling can have from a similar outlook, a similar voice to similar taste in food with you. Besides, since a sibling is brought up by the same parents, living in a same home with you while a friend can have a totally different background from yours, a sibling is likely to act and think more similarly to you. In this way, a sibling is likely to understand you more than a friend.

A sibling and a friend's feelings for you can be much different. A friend is likely to like you because he or she found that you are well-matched and have a lot of fun together. A friend tends love you for a reason. On the other hand, a sibling might not get well with you in every situation, but his or her love for you usually just come naturally as you are family. A sibling normally loves you for no reason. Another difference is that a sibling tends to have the feeling to take care of you and to help you in difficult circumstances which a friend does not usually have. It is possible to say the love a sibling gives you is deeper and more natural.

Finally, the biggest difference lies in the relation of a sibling and a friend with you. For most people, a sibling also makes a good friend of them. Similarly many people love their friends as much as they love their siblings. However, it is possible that these good relationships can change. There may be situations when a friend cannot be your friend any more. In contrast, even your sibling is not a friend of you, he or she will forever be your sibling. A person can consider his friend family but a sibling is, indeed, his family the fact of which never changes.

Both siblings and friends are very important in a person's life. However, as siblings share the same family back ground they tend to spend more time together and to share a lot of common things. Therefore, a sibling is likely to understand and influence you more than a friend. Moreover, unlike a friend, a sibling has a no-condition love to you and the fact that he or she is your sibling never changes. Siblings are can be truly influential in people's life and, in fact, have advantages in making good friends of people. Thus, it would be wonderful if your sibling can be your "forever friend".

Home / Writing Feedback / "Siblings vs. Friends" (from college English writing class)